Suggestions for an Equivalent Company to TravelGuard for Annual Travel Insurance?

Smokeyham

Hello,

I am researching annual travel insurance and really liked what I saw when I read the information the Travel Guard website for their annual plans.

Unfortunately, I live in a state where they can't sell to, so I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for an equivalent company?

I have looked into Allianz Travel, but unfortunately they limit trips to a maximum of 90 days.

Many thanks.

3 hours ago, Smokeyham said:

Unfortunately, I live in a state where they can't sell to,

Are you certain of that?  For several years I used the services of a major travel agent in your State that, for awhile, sold that company's policies to clients that wished to buy the policy through the agency.  

5 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Are you certain of that?  For several years I used the services of a major travel agent in your State that, for awhile, sold that company's policies to clients that wished to buy the policy through the agency.  

I was just on their website and they had a notice on the webpage for their annual plans stating that it is not available for residents of my state. 

27 minutes ago, Smokeyham said:

I was just on their website and they had a notice on the webpage for their annual plans stating that it is not available for residents of my state. 

What about a plan that is not an annual one?  

4 hours ago, Smokeyham said:

Allianz Travel,

Good that you have eliminated them.  I cannot recommend them.  I bought their insurance for my last three cruises and was not pleased with their customer service and the hoops I had to jump through in filing a medical claim.  

4 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

What about a plan that is not an annual one?  

Good that you have eliminated them.  I cannot recommend them.  I bought their insurance for my last three cruises and was not pleased with their customer service and the hoops I had to jump through in filing a medical claim.  

I would prefer to get annual coverage so there is one less thing to think about as we plan multiple trips per year.  Allianz only covers for a maximum of 90 days/trip.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Smokeyham said:

I would prefer to get annual coverage so there is one less thing to think about as we plan multiple trips per year. 

Understandable.  Have you posted on the Insurance Discussion part of CC?  There may be folks there that can help you  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/2/2022 at 3:23 AM, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Med jet and GO Blue X Pact policy's.

May I inquire what each of these cost?

Princess wants $2K each for cancel for any reason insurance for 111 day cruise.

(not even sure if it has med evac)

I got Chase Sapphire Reserve for this purpose but the insurance company they use has been getting poor reviews...

15 minutes ago, KKB said:

I got Chase Sapphire Reserve for this purpose but the insurance company they use has been getting poor reviews...

Costs will vary depending on a number of factors.  Factors can include your age, state (or country) of residence, the length and destination(s) of your trip.  You'll need to use the calculator available on the different companies' websites to generate a cost estimate.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KKB said:

We also have chase Reserve. Which is fine for short cruises