“ Important acknowledgments…”

The Mikado

We just got our cabin assigned to us today and I went to the Princess website to perhaps view the cabin and I was confronted with the following announcement before I was allowed to continue into the Princess website: “Please be advised that guests five years and older on this voyage are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and meet the following requirements…“

Since we are on the Discovery on October 1 out of Los Angeles for a seven day cruise up the coast of California, this announcement is somewhat puzzling.

Anybody have any ideas?

2 minutes ago, The Mikado said:

We just got our cabin assigned to us today and I went to the Princess website to perhaps view the cabin and I was confronted with the following announcement before I was allowed to continue into the Princess website: “Please be advised that guests five years and older on this voyage are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and meet the following requirements…“

Since we are on the Discovery on October 1 out of Los Angeles for a seven day cruise up the coast of California, this announcement is somewhat puzzling.

Anybody have any ideas?

Doesn’t include Canada, does it?  Just Ensenada?

22 minutes ago, The Mikado said:

Your cruise includes Ensenada, so the portion of that would be applicable would be "Voyages Departing from the United States, United Kingdom & Europe"

The message that you received would be consistent with the information on the web site.  Not sure what the rest of the message you received might entail.  According to the Princess guidelines, anyone over the age of 5 would require testing if they are not fully vaccinated.

2 minutes ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Your cruise includes Ensenada, so the portion of that would be applicable would be "Voyages Departing from the United States, United Kingdom & Europe"

The message that you received would be consistent with the information on the web site.  Not sure what the rest of the message you received might entail.  According to the Princess guidelines, anyone over the age of 5 would require testing if they are not fully vaccinated.

Actually, it’s not consistent at all inasmuch as the wording of the advisement says “full vaccinations” are required.

Thus my confusion. 

Princesses’ own Covid page, which was updated September 6 of this year, doesn’t hold the same requirements. According to their page, we are good to go but this prohibition from going into our booking until we acknowledge that we are to be fully vaccinated is still problematic.

I am awaiting a callback (snicker). 

13 minutes ago, The Mikado said:

Princesses’ own Covid page, which was updated September 6 of this year, doesn’t hold the same requirements. According to their page, we are good to go but this prohibition from going into our booking until we acknowledge that we are to be fully vaccinated is still problematic.

I am awaiting a callback (snicker). 

Might want to take a look at their updated page (Sept. 14)  Looks like cruises out of LA are requiring testing now.
https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/vaccine-testing-requirements/

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Might want to take a look at their updated page (Sept. 14)  Looks like cruises out of LA are requiring testing now.
https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/vaccine-testing-requirements/

That's the way we read it too and it is very clear.  Happy to test to cruise to keep everyone healthy.  Team work makes the dream work.

• Like 5

I got the same message, and I'm on the same cruise.   I clicked by it sooooo fast and I could never find it again.   I looked on the website and it's clear as mud.....because it does say sailing out of Los Angeles.....yet when I go to the enhanced cruises, it's not listed.    

I'm going to test anyway with an EMED test, only because I have 2 tests that will expire at the end of October anyway.   I'd rather have it done since I paid for the test and don't want to mess with it at the pier in case they are requiring it.

Anyone else have any insight?

Edited by cruzin4us

38 minutes ago, SiliconCruiser said:

The testing is for the Enhanced Guidelines Voyages which are those going to Tahiti and South America. There is a list if you click on the heading. Majestic and Sapphire mostly. Strange that Santiago to Buenos Ares is covered but not the return trip.

• Thanks 1

We are on the CA Coastal 2 weeks later.  My cruise Health Status documentation requirement for non vaxxed is:

Upload Negative PCR / Antigen Test

Please upload a photo of your negative self-test with proof of a negative result.
Make sure your name and test date are clearly visible in the frame or written on a separate piece of paper.

When I chatted with a Princess Rep today, I was told this test needn't be proctored.  Just take a photo of the test with the requested info and be sure to have a copy of it on my phone.

We also got an upgrade notice today from our TA.
Edited by Bemidji Ty

1 hour ago, The Mikado said:

Actually, it’s not consistent at all inasmuch as the wording of the advisement says “full vaccinations” are required.

Thus my confusion. 

Did you get an email from Princess yesterday? I am on the similar voyage (same day) 7 day out of San Francisco. When I logged into the website yesterday, it said I needed to be fully vaccinated AND provide a test. However, I also received an email with what is listed below. I qualify for what is in Red below and should not need a test. It sounds like you would follow what is in Green below, but note it indicates the test can be a self-test.

Princess is really making a mess of things and making this way harder than it needs to be. They really should get their act together.... 🤪

Thank you for your attention to this notification.

IMPORTANT NOTICES
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR YOUR CRUISE
It's almost time for your cruise vacation! Please make sure you remember to:
- Download the MedallionClass app to complete all required check-in items.
- Complete online cruise check-in and the mandatory Health Questionnaire (MUST
be completed by each guest at least 24 hours before your cruise).
- Select an arrival time to the pier on the MedallionClass app. For the health
and safety of all, do not arrive prior to your assigned check-in time or you will be asked to return at the correct time.
- Guests ages 5 and above who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 do not
require pre-cruise COVID-19 testing for this voyage. To be considered fully vaccinated a guest must have completed their final dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days prior to embarkation.
- Guests ages 5 and above who have not been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 are
required to take a viral COVID-19 test within 3 days of embarkation and attest to a negative result. Self tests are accepted.
- Review vaccination and testing requirements at https://*****/pcl_teststan.

I just checked that link.  It appears to be unchanged from what was posted earlier this month.  It says unvaxxed need to upload,

"Self-administered Antigen OR medically assisted Antigen or PCR within 3 days" unless you are going to Greece or Canada.

I have contacted Princess via phone and chat a few times this month to clarify and confirm this requirement.  Mostly, they have confirmed the above statement to mean exactly what it says.  I have been told by at least one Princess rep that he was certain it meant something else.   I'll keep checking.  Good Luck and Cheers.

1 hour ago, Princessfan20 said:

That's the way we read it too and it is very clear.  Happy to test to cruise to keep everyone healthy.  Team work makes the dream work.

My notice says “VACCINATION”. It does NOT say “testing”. And we are NOT on an enhanced cruise for which the Sep 14th restrictions apply. 

• Like 1