Status Matched to Diamond ^_^ - Just in time - Some questions

Aeroplex

Hey,

a big compliment to MSC. I uploded the required proof yesterday at 9 pm and have been matched by today at around 8:30 am. 

I hope the status match is just in time for the cruise tomorrow (22.9-26.9).

I have a few question as a new diamond member:

- Is the 1 hour SPA invitation like a voucher? I would like to give it to my mother travelling with me (she is silver member). 

- We have 2 separate cabins. Do you think it is still possible to get 2 complimentary speciality dinner charged on my room?

Thanks ^^

Edited by Aeroplex

18 minutes ago, some_body said:

I was on my first MSC cruise in early august on the Divina and also matched to Diamond.   My wife was able to use the 1 hour spa, because we were in the same cabin.  

I found some pictures on the Emma cruise blog. I was like a voucher for the Spa and for the Dinner.

Did you also receive it in form of 2 vouchers?

This time I booked 2 cabins because there was no single occupancy fee.

Thank you^^

5 hours ago, Aeroplex said:

- Is the 1 hour SPA invitation like a voucher? I would like to give it to my mother travelling with me (she is silver member). 

- We have 2 separate cabins. Do you think it is still possible to get 2 complimentary speciality dinner charged on my room?

Thanks ^^

The answer to both questions is no. There are no vouchers, rather your room card stores the data....and also has your photo on it!

We have been black/diamond on 5 cruises . You need to present  your keycard when you go to your reservation .Unfortunately, the keycard had your photo. I was able to give it to a friend once but that was on the Seaside. The lady at the desk gave me a wink but her coworker was not happy.

Edited by Joken35

1 hour ago, mpk said:

Can't wait to try out MSC.  We're working through our roster of cruises on other lines, but MSC is up right after that!

Slightly off topic- besides MSC, do any other cruiselines match status?

Virgin has a match offer if you are booked with them in preparation for program launch next year.

So to answer some question.

Speciality Menu only for me as there is only 1 Cabin Member. So we ordered a Lobster Soup to have 2 starter. Then we ordered one additional Side. The lamb Chops was heavy and we got 6 so we shared the main course 😉 

I could give away the SPA visit and they didn’t look on the watch at the Aurea SPA so no hurry.

Late Checkout (2h) + Tender Boat priority access.

What missed was the bathrobe + macarons, chocolated ship, which wasn’t on my cabin for 3 days. The cruise was nearly over and I called/asked 4 times to the reception. With a little pressure they brought everything. A little bit late… 

Edited by Aeroplex

On 9/22/2022 at 3:12 PM, shoptom said:

I've been waiting three weeks for a status match.  Calling tells me to continue to wait and no I cannot speak to the powers that be.  I cruise again next week.

They matched me within 10 hours. If you already booked. You have to call the voyagers club. Otherwise you may not have the diamond card / status on this cruise. They won’t automatically update the ticket.