You have 0 upcoming cruises?!

craig01020

Royal needs to fire their IT Department's Director(s) and Managers.  Incompetence comes to mind.  

This makes me wonder, if we were supposed to be checking-in this morning, would their check-in system be working (I'm talking at the port/terminal physical check-in), or would they hold up boarding until the system comes back up again?  I kinda think that the terminal check-in process is linked into the ship's system and the upcoming manifest and related information has already been downloaded into the ship's system and may not be effected by the mother ship's crappy system.  But, I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

3 minutes ago, mickeychicky said:

App still not working for me, just keeps taking me back to the sign on info

Yep.  Mine, after the little logo goes around and around for several minutes, has a pop-up window that says, "Sorry but we are incompetent and you'll need to try again later" or word to that effect.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The app is currently working for me but might be because I'm connected to ship WiFi ( just boarded Anthem this morning). Web still won't work for me, and neither will work for DH who is connected via shoreside mobile data.

32 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

The app is currently working for me but might be because I'm connected to ship WiFi ( just boarded Anthem this morning). Web still won't work for me, and neither will work for DH who is connected via shoreside mobile data.

I can open the app, but it is incomplete.  No cruises listed and the links at the bottom are missing several.

1 hour ago, mickeychicky said:

They responded to a FB Message:

Our IT team is currently working on this issue and should have it resolved soon. Please try again later today. -Gwen

I wonder what their definition of "soon" is.  The website was having some issues yesterday and it's been about 6 hours since I first tried to get on this am.

I booked my first ever cruise directly online RCI last night.  I saw it in the Cruise Planner.  But then, the next time I go look 0 cruises...  Then, can't log in...

I never got an email confirmation of the cruise either.  I don't know if that's standard or not, as this is my very first time.

So - freak out avoided knowing others are experiencing the same thing.  But I booked this about the time they started having issues, so I hope I don't have any issues and have to re-book (at probably a higher rate!)

50 minutes ago, marymunro said:

Nine hours later….. tried calling the customer service to order bev packages and they couldn’t do it - system down there too

Wow, hope they didn't get hacked.  Terrible time to be having website, booking, check in issues with lots of people looking to get back to cruising. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mickeychicky said:

Wow, hope they didn't get hacked.  Terrible time to be having website, booking, check in issues with lots of people looking to get back to cruising. 

Seems to me to be more updates gone bad.  Since we can get to sign in pages and see parts of the app, it's not a denial of service or a complete server crash.  If that was the case, we'd be getting errors like "404 page not found" or "503 Service Unavailable".

Edited by BND

3 minutes ago, BND said:

Seems to me to be more updates gone bad.  Since we can get to sign in pages and see parts of the app, it's not a denial of service or a complete server crash.  If that was the case, we'd be getting errors like "404 page not found" or "503 Service Unavailable".

True.. I can log into Club Royale and see all my offers so that's a good thing.

Edited by mickeychicky

Ohhhhhh, this is too rich.  I signed out of her to get ready to go for my daily walk.  Before I got up to get ready I did a final check of my email.  Well, two emails from Royal.  1.  Wanting me to rate my experience with the sails agent (a survey) that I had Wednesday and purchased my October cruise and 2. An email with an update on the construction of the Icon of the Seas along with the usual phone number and website address to make reservations.  

Needless to say, I gave them some stuff about their IT.  However, I rated the sails agent highly.

One thing that I just don't understand about Royal's IT department vs many other large organizations with huge IT utilization, why doesn't Royal announce system(s) maintenance and all systems, the ones that they can, will shut down between the hours of XX:XX AM - XX:XX AM on Monday, the 23rd of Julember, 2042.  Do their clean-ups, updates, switch overs, whatevers.  I've, personally, never seen Royal do that and between my wife and I are on the site many times a week.  

7 hours ago, geneseo said:

I booked my first ever cruise directly online RCI last night.  I saw it in the Cruise Planner.  But then, the next time I go look 0 cruises...  Then, can't log in...

I never got an email confirmation of the cruise either.  I don't know if that's standard or not, as this is my very first time.

So - freak out avoided knowing others are experiencing the same thing.  But I booked this about the time they started having issues, so I hope I don't have any issues and have to re-book (at probably a higher rate!)

You usually get email that Deposit made but have to call to get detailed Confirmation. 

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

One thing that I just don't understand about Royal's IT department vs many other large organizations with huge IT utilization, why doesn't Royal announce system(s) maintenance and all systems, the ones that they can, will shut down between the hours of XX:XX AM - XX:XX AM on Monday, the 23rd of Julember, 2042.  Do their clean-ups, updates, switch overs, whatevers.  I've, personally, never seen Royal do that and between my wife and I are on the site many times a week.  

Normally Royal site is down for few hrs every weekend, cant remember if its Sat or Sun nite EST early am. This is something different

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Normally Royal site is down for few hrs every weekend, cant remember if its Sat or Sun nite EST early am. This is something different

It's Saturday.

My Gov agency used to do upgrades over weekends.  We'd then come in on Monday morning to a myriad of problems a couple of times a year.  They always announced it because they wanted people to leave their computers turned on so we all knew what to expect lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Do they notify in advance, via a banner or something like that, that they are shutting down for those day and hours?  

1 hour ago, BND said:

It's Saturday.

My Gov agency used to do upgrades over weekends.  We'd then come in on Monday morning to a myriad of problems a couple of times a year.  They always announced it because they wanted people to leave their computers turned on so we all knew what to expect lol.

Yes, my last place of employment before I retired did the same thing, they notified the employees just just so they would leave their computers on but logged out/off.  But, no notification to the general public because the public had next to zero logins during the hours of the planned shutdown and the IT team was in the office during the scheduled maintenance no matter what time of the night/morning it was and no matter how large or small the maintenance.

Just a side note:  I remember when you could not have more than one login going on at a time.  Now, I can log in on my laptop, my wife can logged in on her laptop, at the same time, I can log in on my Android and if I call Royal and they want to get into my account, no problem.  They used to ask you to log out so they could access the account.  BUT, I don't remember the same amount of IT problems back then.  

2 minutes ago, BND said:

Well, I can log into the website as of a few minutes ago, but it shows 0 cruises.  I guess it's progress lol.

Yup, though it did update my "Past Cruises" total. Until today was showing 25 more that were my canceled Cruises during CV, now removed