Zenith on her final run

BigAl94

55 minutes ago, Elvis1209 said:

I took my first cruise on Zenith when it was Celebrity Zenith. (May 2001)  It will always hold a place in my heart!  So sorry to see it go!

Elvis

Well like Elvis before her, Zenith has left the building…

Zenith was on the same itinerary when I was on my first cruise, little me thought the ship looked really cool with that big X and the dark blue color of the ship. Sovereign or Monarch of the Seas was also following us around, and I was really jealous the ship I was on didn't have the big UFO room on top. 🤣

6 hours ago, bgrmini said:

Zenith was on the same itinerary when I was on my first cruise, little me thought the ship looked really cool with that big X and the dark blue color of the ship. Sovereign or Monarch of the Seas was also following us around, and I was really jealous the ship I was on didn't have the big UFO room on top. 🤣

Sovereign of the Seas was my first cruise experience and I will forever believe the Sovereign-class ships were the best ever made. I sailed on all three multiple times. You don't forget your first love!  That 'flying saucer' was a really neat lounge and probably my favorite place to hang out on the ship day or night.  Ahhh, memories.

8 hours ago, alcpa1 said:

We were on the third sailing of the Zenith. She was shiny and new and we met lifelong friends.....such wonderful memories.

I was married on the third sailing when she moved to Ft Lauderdale after the inaugural in NYC. Were you on the sailing the first week of May 1992? Wouldn't that be a coincidence. 

First cruise ever was on the Zenith in March of 1993 - Ran into the "storm of the century".  Second cruise on the Zenith in August of 1998 - ran into Hurricane Bonnie off the Virginia coast on our way back from Bermuda.  Swore off the Zenith after that!!