Onward Update Event from Azamara

Host Jazzbeau

Well,  I never thought I'd be jumping in to a conversation regarding shower curtains, but I just returned from a short cruise on Oceania Regatta (probably my last cruise on that line....I've had two cruises with them and have been underimpressed)    However, even in their tiny bathrooms (and they seemed smaller than those on Azamara (if that is even possible) they managed to install a quite modern looking glass door on the shower...one that pivoted in and out.    So it can be done.   BTW,  after dipping our toes in the cruising waters with Oceania and returning home Covid free, we decided our next cruise will be overseas and will be on Azamara Onward.   Now, if we could just persuade Azamara to add freshly grilled lobster tails and lamb chops to their nightly grill options.....the only part of the Oceania cruise I really enjoyed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mare s. said:

Well,  I never thought I'd be jumping in to a conversation regarding shower curtains, but I just returned from a short cruise on Oceania Regatta (probably my last cruise on that line....I've had two cruises with them and have been underimpressed)    However, even in their tiny bathrooms (and they seemed smaller than those on Azamara (if that is even possible) they managed to install a quite modern looking glass door on the shower...one that pivoted in and out.    So it can be done.   BTW,  after dipping our toes in the cruising waters with Oceania and returning home Covid free, we decided our next cruise will be overseas and will be on Azamara Onward.   Now, if we could just persuade Azamara to add freshly grilled lobster tails and lamb chops to their nightly grill options.....the only part of the Oceania cruise I really enjoyed.

Don't care one whit how "modern-looking" a glass shower door is.  If it's glass it's hard, and my elbows don't want hard if they're moving about in a small shower. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

Don't care one whit how "modern-looking" a glass shower door is.  If it's glass it's hard, and my elbows don't want hard if they're moving about in a small shower. 

Likewise!

46 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

I remember when Oceania added those glass doors to their R-ships – the feedback on the Oceania forum was mainly negative, exactly because of those 'funny bone' accidents!  I think that Azamara's heavier cloth shower curtains was the ideal solution, and hopefully Onward will be receiving them soon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

I also believe Azamara took the view that from a health and safety perspective the space was inadequate to deal with any emergencies in the shower if they put in the door. Our shower curtain on Journey is just great - it does not like me 😀

Edited by uktog
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1