How full are ships now?

Guest 4-2-N-8

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

That wasn't a 'correction'.  It was a set of full capacity numbers against which one could draw a comparison to your actual occupancy rates.

Love the "ignore" function on this site.

Anyway, @Jim_Iain, I've found your posts friendly and useful since I joined. Sorry if I misread the intent of your reply above but there's no context on text-based forums like this, so I just asked so I could hear from you. 🤣

cjr

Edited by CNSfromHI
typo

2 hours ago, CNSfromHI said:

I posted what I was told, @Jim_Iain. Not sure why you felt it necessary to correct me here?

cjr

I wasn't trying to correct you and sorry if you feel that way.   I was trying to give you the full capacity so you could calculate the % full.   You stated you weren't sure of the percentage and thought that would give you an idea that your ship was about 83% full.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was in Millenium 2 weeks ago and was told ~1400 guests. Crew said max at ~2400.

But we felt quite obvious that the ship was not full. Theatre was only half full. MDR was half full as well. Gym was pretty much empty. I could use hot tub and swimming pool without many people around.

• Like 1

Expect full ships.  In June, we were on Summit.  We were told that it would have reduced capacity.  It was crowded.  When asked how many people on the ship, we were given lots of answers from 1800 to 2300.  Don’t know the actual number. What I do know is that it was very crowded.  My spouse and I wore masks.  My spouse got Covid.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

Expect full ships.  In June, we were on Summit.  We were told that it would have reduced capacity.  It was crowded.  When asked how many people on the ship, we were given lots of answers from 1800 to 2300.  Don’t know the actual number. What I do know is that it was very crowded.  My spouse and I wore masks.  My spouse got Covid.  

I hope your spouse is better & didn't have it too badly. 

Friends returned from P&O cruise recently & both tested positive day after they got home. It’s risk we take cruising in these times. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I wasn't trying to correct you and sorry if you feel that way.   I was trying to give you the full capacity so you could calculate the % full.   You stated you weren't sure of the percentage and thought that would give you an idea that your ship was about 83% full.

Thanks for the explanation! Again, sorry I misinterpreted your intent.

cjr

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...