How full are ships now?

Guest 4-2-N-8

Curious how ship passenger counts compare today to pre-pandemic?

Do Celebrity pool decks feel full or not, when at full capacity, for insance on sea days?

Traveling Edge class ship (Beyond).

Last week on INFINITY we had 1281 pax and around 900 crew.  So almost a thousand less than double occupancy capacity.  It was great.  No crowding and great service.  Plenty of chairs on deck anytime of day. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Was on Summit for a TA to Iceland and then the Canada cruise on Summit.   All 3 were at about 95+%

I believe capacity is dependent on location, and timing.    I was checking on a B2B I have booked on Solstice 12/3 and 12/11   both are currently full to almost fully booked in Retreat Class but the full ship currently at about 2/3 capacity.    I would expect cruises for Thanksgiving and Xmas to be near full. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Not sure of numbers but Summit is very full this sailing.  Crowded everywhere.  This is a colder weather cruise so pool decks haven't been bad but inside had been very crowded everywhere. 

Hope your trip wasn't disrupted too bad I was watching the reports this morning using a VPN so I could watch the Halifax News live.    Looks like some areas got slammed really bad. 

I am posting from the Solstice.  We are B2B and this is turnaround day.  On the first leg, an 8 night Pacific Coastal, I was told by one staff person that we had 2200 on board and another staff person thought the number was 2300.  On the second leg, a 7 night Mexican itinerary, I have also heard two different numbers — 1200 or 1300.

We are in a Suite for both legs, and Suites are fully booked.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We feel that there had been a pent up demand  for cruising  following the height of the pandemic . Now ,we feel that the cruise lines will be slowing down some what because one of the stock market declines which now seem to have picked up steam  & the high cost of inflated living   .Un the near future we see less pax that at present  until the economy recovers

• Like 2

Any idea whether they are holding back cabins at all or are the lower capacities people are reportedly solely based on lack of demand?

I ask because my early November sailing on Connie shows all categories sold out except a handful of inside rooms.  I was assuming that probably means we will have a full ship.

No there were no B2B tests.  I believe there won't be B2B testing on US based sailings under normal circumstances.   I think they may do it on an as needed basis if the percent reported is above a certain percentage.   They seem to be keeping the reported percentages pretty quiet now but I think I heard one announcement say just over 1% on our sailings.

• Like 1

Currently on the reflection with around (70%)  2300 guests, I asked about the following cruise and was told around the same number (70%) 

The pool deck was definitely full on sea days (we only had 2) but you could get a bed on the upper decks if wanted throughout the day… 

Otherwise I’ve not found the ship overly crowded anywhere else. 

• Like 1

I’ve done a mock booking for my upcoming Apex cruise in 3 weeks & there are still quite a few cabins to sell. I’m no good at working out percentages though.

I’d imagine it may pick up if the weather is predicted to be good as it’s over half term & some schools get 2 weeks. 

We were on the Silhouette last week and it was reported as fully booked - 2,800 passengers on board. 
Very busy on the outside decks on the sunny days, we often saw folks circulating round to find two free sunbeds together. Not so bad on the cooler days. 
OVC was very busy at lunchtimes. But one upside of a full ship is that all stations in the OVC were in use with lots of choice and plenty of it. 

• Like 2

We are onboard Silhouette today Sept. 25th. In the Canarie Islands. ALL shore excursions Cancelled Yesterday and Today because of a Big Storm!

came on a bucket list cruise and are stuck on the ship.

2700 guests about 95% full.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, prmssk said:

Any idea whether they are holding back cabins at all or are the lower capacities people are reportedly solely based on lack of demand?

I ask because my early November sailing on Connie shows all categories sold out except a handful of inside rooms.  I was assuming that probably means we will have a full ship.

we are on the 11-11-22 connie sailing and when i checked last week, there were 260 empty cabins. Most if not all, were ocean view and inside.