Queen Victoria club balcony deck 8

bufton

please has anyone experienced noise issues in the club cabins  on deck 8 for example do the sun loungers or pool activity on deck 9 make noise in the club cabins below. Was thinking of booking for 60 birthday treat but concerned may get woken up in morning by loungers etc.  thanks for any help cabin 8039 deck 8 is being considered  

In June I occupied  a Club Balcony ( Fwd deck eight)     only a very slight problem for 10/15 mins each morning whilst they set up ( after that NO problems)  .......didn't really cause me any disturbance , so much so I'm booked in the same area  again for this October .

• Like 1

Hello!  I was in a deck 8 cabin before the refit.  It was a Panama Canal cruise.  Cannot recall the cabin number.  I can tell you I would never book a cabin on that deck due to very late night noise from the lido above.  It was if someone was roiling a barrel on the deck above.  It would come and go.  Could never get to the bottom of it.    Unfortunately, if you want a Britannia club cabin deck 8 is the only deck where they are available.  FYI, I am on a waitlist for the QV world cruise from New York to Sydney.  I will be sure not to be on deck 8.  Good luck.

Deck hair.

15 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

In June I occupied  a Club Balcony ( Fwd deck eight)     only a very slight problem for 10/15 mins each morning whilst they set up ( after that NO problems)  .......didn't really cause me any disturbance , so much so I'm booked in the same area  again for this October .

Hi thanks we have booked as cabins selling out for December and as its a birthday treat didn't want to miss out 

On 9/26/2022 at 6:07 PM, deck chair said:

Hello!  I was in a deck 8 cabin before the refit.  It was a Panama Canal cruise.  Cannot recall the cabin number.  I can tell you I would never book a cabin on that deck due to very late night noise from the lido above.  It was if someone was roiling a barrel on the deck above.  It would come and go.  Could never get to the bottom of it.    Unfortunately, if you want a Britannia club cabin deck 8 is the only deck where they are available.  FYI, I am on a waitlist for the QV world cruise from New York to Sydney.  I will be sure not to be on deck 8.  Good luck.

Deck hair.

Hi thank you for your response its very helpful 

On 9/27/2022 at 9:29 AM, bufton said:

Hi thanks we have booked as cabins selling out for December and as its a birthday treat didn't want to miss out 

8039 below The Towel Station?  Probably the quietest stateroom below the whole Pavilion Pool area

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 1:34 AM, crystalspin said:

Hi and welcome back to posting on Cruise Critic!

The Cunard board is here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/32-cunard-line/

I do not know if any frequent Cunard passengers check the Cabin Selection forum, so you might repost to that board.

On 9/26/2022 at 6:07 PM, deck chair said:

Deck hair.

Thank you for the information 

• 4 months later...
On 9/26/2022 at 10:26 AM, bufton said:

please has anyone experienced noise issues in the club cabins  on deck 8 for example do the sun loungers or pool activity on deck 9 make noise in the club cabins below. Was thinking of booking for 60 birthday treat but concerned may get woken up in morning by loungers etc.  thanks for any help cabin 8039 deck 8 is being considered  

Update cabin 8039 was directly opposite the pool pump room and was terribly noisy inside our cabin from the hum opposite, overhead in the ceiling you could hear a periodic whooshing and hum from this pump room there was no escape on the balcony either as there was some kind of loud humming noise maybe an extractor for the pump room, we gave up trying to work it out.. Avoid 8039 on the Queen Victoria unless you can endure a noisy cabin with no escape. However  the ship and trip and staff were all fabulous and we had an amazing time.

Thanks for reporting back and I'm sorry to hear that 8039 was noisy. 

It's good that you had an amazing time, hopefully you can find a quieter cabin next time and this thread will be a warning if anyone is thinking of trying 8039.

12 hours ago, bufton said:

Update cabin 8039 was directly opposite the pool pump room and was terribly noisy inside our cabin from the hum opposite, overhead in the ceiling you could hear a periodic whooshing and hum from this pump room there was no escape on the balcony either as there was some kind of loud humming noise maybe an extractor for the pump room, we gave up trying to work it out.. Avoid 8039 on the Queen Victoria unless you can endure a noisy cabin with no escape. However  the ship and trip and staff were all fabulous and we had an amazing time.

Sounds dire. Did you try to get them to move you? Glad the rest was good.

Hello!   Everyone has different noise tolerances, but I would avoid any cabin on deck 8 because of what it is over you.  I was in 8123 on QV on a Panama Canal cruise pre club balcony days.  Not every night but on many I heard a rolling sound from deck 9 as if someone was pushing a beer barrel directly above me.  Of course, when someone came to check on three occasions in the middle of the night the sound disappeared.  Never again!  Unfortunately if you want a club level cabin, they only exist on deck 8.  I think.  Good luck.

Deck Chair.

Edited by deck chair
Error