When does Arrival Group show up in the app?

nbsjcruiser

Have cruised 4 times this year and nobody has asked for our arrival group time slot or QR code.  

Seems to me, regardless of the requested or not requested, arrival group, everybody just shows up dockside at a time of their choice.  Then, the port authority has a single security queue and clears arriving passengers on a first come first serve basis.  

Then, since the security process dribbles passengers into the check in area, the check in lines are always brief.   

IHMO if the Medallion App arrival group time slot is not enforced by port authority security (and of course they wouldn’t) then the arrival group app feature it is a pointless exercise. 

14 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

The check in or boarding time shows on your travel summary.  

The boarding group times shows when you initially pick the arrival time on the app.

MC App

Travel checklist

Personal information and documents 

move down to suggested 

Arrivals

We're in a kinda unique situation....we board on the 20th but we don't sail until the 21st,  so I imagine folks can show up any time between 11:00 on the 20th until 3:00 on the 20th?

10 hours ago, suzyed said:

We're in a kinda unique situation....we board on the 20th but we don't sail until the 21st,  so I imagine folks can show up any time between 11:00 on the 20th until 3:00 on the 20th?

Yes, I would assume any time during the boarding group times on the 20th.  Since this would be the immigration formalities & checkin for the cruise.  Do they give instructions on your travel summary?

What about the folks that are late due to flights?   

LMK how they handle it.  Is this Quebec?

Edited by PacnGoNow

On 9/26/2022 at 12:25 PM, Brickwood said:

Ours opened 59 days prior to our 11/19 cruise.  Weirdly though, the earliest time given was 1:00 pm so I'm keeping my eye on it in case they do something silly like add earlier times and leave us at 1:00. None of the cruises I've been on it the past have started boarding that late.

We're on the Nov 11 sailing on the Sky out of Port Everglades, her first NA trip after transiting from Europe. I had forgotten to select our Arrival Group until today, 41 days out, and the first Arrival Group A starting at 1PM, was "sold out" so I had to select Early Group B at 1:30PM. Our Travel Summary states boarding starts at 12:30, not 1PM, but this is the ship's return to NA after operating in Europe, so the later boarding  may be due to delays due to USCG inspections etc. We have always just shown up at the terminal around 10AM, so we will do that here as well. If we have to wait outside for a while after dumping our luggage, so be it.