Canada Drops All Covid Restrictions October 1, 2022

Lady Arwen

16 hours ago, nini said:

They waited for the Alaska season to end. At least this will help those doing New England/ East Coast itineraries.

And it will help for our Pacific Northwest California Coastal cruise on October 9th.  We stop in Vancouver and Victoria.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Linsifer said:

And it will help for our Pacific Northwest California Coastal cruise on October 9th.  We stop in Vancouver and Victoria.

It was not the stops that determined the requirement to test. It was the embarkation port. We departed from Vancouver, BC.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 5:39 PM, rocklinmom said:

Yes! It is the anxiety about staying healthy for pre-cruise testing that concerns me. Or one of us testing positive at the pier without knowing we even had it and being denied boarding. 

When we cruised Mardi Gras last September, I went a little nuts and made my husband isolate with me for 2 entire weeks. LOL

But YAY for official word that we don't have to test now! That's fantastic! Such a relief! I'm still going to curtail any extra activities that aren't necessary, just to avoid getting sick, but at least now I don't have to PROVE I'm well.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, nini said:

It was not the stops that determined the requirement to test. It was the embarkation port. We departed from Vancouver, BC.

It was definitely the stops, too. We are embarking in NYC and stopping at Canadian ports, and the tests were required.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Purple Gallinule said:

Have the mask requirements onboard changed, or do we still have to wear them everywhere?

On the Enchanted last week, whatever mask mandates Princess may have had in place sure didn't apply. Well over 95% of all pax did not wear any masks, even in the theater or elevators. Crew remained uniformly masked. They held heavily attended exercise classes in the Piazza each day, with maskless people sweating and breathing heavily while literally rubbing shoulders with the people next to them.  So no, you don't have to wear masks everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, nini said:

I don't know why you continue to post false or misleading information about testing, ArriveCAN and related topics. If Canada had not made the recent changes, @Linsifer would have been impacted.  The good news is as of October 1st, none of it matters for fully vaccinated passengers.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, nini said:

No, up until the recent announcement, the departures from NYC required testing for the departures with Canadian stops.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gilford57 said:

I don't know why you continue to post false or misleading information about testing, ArriveCAN and related topics. If Canada had not made the recent changes, @Linsifer would have been impacted.  The good news is as of October 1st, none of it matters for fully vaccinated passengers.

I did not realize that you were with us on our cruise.

On 9/27/2022 at 12:12 PM, nini said:

Princess still required us to show a negative test at embarkation because we were stopping in Victoria and Vancouver.  Of course, that’s no longer a requirement since Canada dropped its restrictions.