Rosarito Beach Break on Pacific Coastal

This is one of the excursions listed for our stop in Ensenada on our Pacific Coastal.  I have read some TripAdvisor reviews, etc. but can't find anything here.  We will be there first week of April 2023.  First of all what will the water temp be like? We are used to Caribbean cruises and warm water there.. Is this beach safe & clean? Would appreciate any and all comments. Thank you.

We live just a few hundred yards from where they do the "Rosarito beach break".  Water temps will be mid-high 60's.  I wouldn't plan on doing any ocean activities.  Baja/CA Pacific coast is never warm.  April is the tail end of whale watching, but you might see some.  We just sailed in July and spotted a large whale south of Catalina, so you never know.  The beach break venue is a really nice place with nice beach and amenities.  It's called Sunio Beach Club.  We have friends who live in the private community surrounding Sunio and it's a really great location.  We have eaten at the restaurant once and it was very good.  https://www.suniobeachclub.com/en/home/  Unless you want to do the wine country tour it's probably a good choice for the day.  

On 10/3/2022 at 3:53 PM, jcc1025 said:

We have spent a lot of time there as well. Nice location but kind of a long drive from Ensenada. 

I have done much longer bus rides for shore excursions. It's about an hour easy drive on the toll road. 

• 3 months later...

Hello!

Thank you for the information regarding Rosarito. I have a question for you, might there be locals offering fishing near there? What are the odds of someone offering that on the beach, as we have experienced in some other ports? Or may we arrange ahead of time?

Thank you