Is early carryon/luggage drop-off for Platinum/Diamond no longer allowed?

ZoeyVictoria

Guest BasicSailor
15 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

80+ cruises and never had a problem on any ship or any cruise line. If I see a room steward I always ask first if he will be ours. I have open up those very heavy watertight doors. Went to the cabin and dropped off the luggage then just left. Never were we ever told we could not do that.

Apparently your one of the lucky ones😉

17 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

We board this Saturday and we have yet to receive the P/D e-mail saying we can quickly drop off our luggage before 1:30 PM, along with other P/D info.  Wonder if they are no longer distributing that info??

We never did receive the email for our Vista cruise last week.  We had received it for our three previous cruises, but not this one, so they may not be promoting that as much anymore.  We did go in and drop off our luggage upon boarding, but our room was not ready until 1:30.  As a matter of fact, our cards were not delivered to the room until nearly 2 p.m.

18 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

We board this Saturday and we have yet to receive the P/D e-mail saying we can quickly drop off our luggage before 1:30 PM, along with other P/D info.  Wonder if they are no longer distributing that info??

17 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

We never did receive the email for our Vista cruise last week.  We had received it for our three previous cruises, but not this one, so they may not be promoting that as much anymore.  We did go in and drop off our luggage upon boarding, but our room was not ready until 1:30.  As a matter of fact, our cards were not delivered to the room until nearly 2 p.m.

We're in the terminal waiting to board Freedom and we didn't receive the Platinum letter this time. Our DIL is Gold and our son is newly Platinum with this cruise and they both got the Gold letter.

Guest BasicSailor
18 minutes ago, ATL_Miami_Cruiser said:

We've been on 5 cruises since the restart and never had a problem dropping off our bags after we board. Your room steward knows if your platinum or diamond and if another steward said something rude I would take it up with their supervisor so it can be corrected.

No, No never complain to a supervisor. This same steward is going to be in your room the entire time you're on that ship. With your toothbrush, hairbrushes and toothpaste. Not to mention mouthwash etc. 🤢

See the source image

Got on the Liberty on Sept. 19th and check-in was a breeze. We sat in terminal waiting area for only ten minutes before we were called; we went to our cabin and the door was wide open. We dropped off our bags, closed the door behind us, and went on our way. Getting off the ship was fabulous. We were the second couple off this ship and the first out of the parking garage and no stopping at the customs; just face recognition. The platinum status has fabulous perks, and being first in line for everything was the best perk. Carry-on bags instead of checked luggage helps speed everything along.

Look at this issue from the perspective of cabin stewards.  They've got a ton of work to do in a short amount of time and obviously people walking through hallways will get in their way and slow them down.  Then there's the fact that there are more than a few self-entitled non P/D jerks who will try going through the closed doors regardless of whether or not they're supposed to.  And to further complicate matters there's not a good way to tell if someone truly is P/D because room key cards aren't yet available...... I can see why cabin stewards could get frustrated.

I prefer how Holland America handles this, they assign boarding times and once you board you have immediate access to your cabin.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I think the easiest way would be for then to give the s&s cards to those with early stateroom access at check in in the terminal.

Those with keys can get to their stateroom.  

Unfortunately, only suites actually have early stateroom access.  Platinums and Diamonds don't technically have full access to their rooms, just the ability to drop off bags and go.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 8:39 PM, BasicSailor said:

No, No never complain to a supervisor. This same steward is going to be in your room the entire time you're on that ship. With your toothbrush, hairbrushes and toothpaste. Not to mention mouthwash etc. 🤢

See the source image

Absolutely complain to a supervisor about rude service. We are experienced cruisers, we've been down this road before with rude crew and have had it swiftly taken care of by the onboard hotel director. If they are willing to treat customers in that manner and not uphold Carnival's level of friendly customer service, then they are willing to do worse to you until their contract is up. If I feel like that crew member shouldn't be in my cabin I would request a cabin change.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser