Who has the best travel insurance?

jhooks61

1 hour ago, jhooks61 said:

We love sailing on Viking; however, their trip insurance is pricey.  I have also used Allianz on one other trip.  Any recommendations?

We will not use Viking 's Tripmate now that COVID testing is gone - for obvious reasons (do a search on Tripmate and you will see quite a bit of discussion).

We use a broker and they are quite good (small easily understandable choice of companies to use) - called The Trip Insurance Store.  Steve has had a forum on CruiseCritic.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2558-qa-cruise-insurance-with-steve-dasseos-of-the-tripinsurancestorecom-janfeb-22/

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FetaCheese said:

V plan rates are the same for all ages.  Other companies underwrite by age tiers.

What is V Plan?  Haven't heard of them.

It is true the most companies DO go by age tiers, so it will cost you more the older you get (sadly!).  Getting that first payment down before a birthday is paramount and can save a lot.  I learned this from Steve at The Insurance Store.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

What is V Plan?  Haven't heard of them.

It is true the most companies DO go by age tiers, so it will cost you more the older you get (sadly!).  Getting that first payment down before a birthday is paramount and can save a lot.  I learned this from Steve at The Insurance Store.

Sorry, I was abbreviating Viking, and the insurance plan they sell.  Tripmate, I think.  No experience with Tripmate.

My go to guy is Steve, also.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

Every plan Steve offers covers Covid. 

I, too, purchased the IMG plan.  Note that you have to be diagnosed by a doctor for the covid portion of the insurance to pay.  Steve explains all this on his website but sometimes people may skip over the details.

• Like 2

We've been using Travel Guard exclusively since having a very positive experience with them several years ago with a large and rather complicated claim. TG really came through for us when it counted!

Now that we're turning 75, though, our rates with TG have increased to the point we will look at alternatives for our next trip. I plan to start my research with Steve at the Trip Insurance Store

Edited by Mehroswitha
Awkward wording
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mehroswitha said:

We've been using Travel Guard exclusively since having a very positive experience with them several years ago with a large and rather complicated claim. TG really came through for us when it counted!

Now that we're turning 75, though, our rates with TG have increased to the point we will look at alternatives for our next trip. I plan to start my research with Steve at the Trip Insurance Store

I've been using Travel Guard for years now but you are right, prices are going up and I should do some price shopping before we book our next cruise. Or maybe it is just that I'm spending more on cruises, so the price is going up. Well, I won't know until I crunch the numbers.

On 9/29/2022 at 9:51 AM, biggerbearmom said:

We have been purchasing our travel insurance through The Trip Insurance Store for many years. Steve, the owner, is a wealth of information and honest, and I have learned so much from him about the ins and outs of travel insurance. Highly recommend. 

Same.  He knows me by name when I call now!  I have asked a so many questions over the years but still seem to find additional ones for him.  he never seems to tire of questions.  

• Like 1