Does Medallion know which drinks package we have?

Smokeyham

Hi,

About to try our first cruise with the Medallion.  We have the Plus Drinks Package included in our cruise fare.  When we go to purchase drinks does the Medallion know that we have the package and to charge (or not to charge) appropriately or do we have to specify that we have the package with each drink order?

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Smokeyham said:

Hi,

About to try our first cruise with the Medallion.  We have the Plus Drinks Package included in our cruise fare.  When we go to purchase drinks does the Medallion know that we have the package and to charge (or not to charge) appropriately or do we have to specify that we have the package with each drink order?

Thanks.

"It" knows. However, it is a good idea to periodically check your folio to be sure you didn't get charged for a drink in error. You can check your folio on the app, on your tv and at a kiosk by Customer Service.

• Like 4

Just now, dreaminofcruisin said:

"It" knows. However, it is a good idea to periodically check your folio to be sure you didn't get charged for a drink in error. You can check your folio on the app, on your tv and at a kiosk by Customer Service.

Thanks for the info and the suggestion.   
If I understand the package correctly, drinks up to $12 are included.  If I order a $14 drink on the app will it say something like "you will be charged $2 for this drink?" 

1 minute ago, Smokeyham said:

Thanks for the info and the suggestion.   
If I understand the package correctly, drinks up to $12 are included.  If I order a $14 drink on the app will it say something like "you will be charged $2 for this drink?" 

You should see the charge on the app and as long as it is working correctly, you should see the $2 charge. Otherwise, it would be $0.

18 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

You should see the charge on the app and as long as it is working correctly, you should see the $2 charge. Otherwise, it would be $0.

Actually, it will be $2 plus 18% service charge, so $2.36 in total.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Definitely check your bill frequently. The first night of our last cruise we were charged for 2 drinks in the Cigar Lounge. Not only did we have the drink package but we would never go into the Cigar Lounge. I had to go to the Customer Service desk to have the charges removed.

• Like 1

Last week I was checking my past orders and saw an order set to delivered that included 1 wine, 1 cocktail, and 4 beers, worth $45 bucks.  Didn't charge me anything since I had the Plus drink package, but still wasn't mine so I used crew chat to let them know. They said thank you and that they'd let the bar staff know, but it never came off my orders list, but I wasn't charged for it anyway so wasn't a big deal. 

9FF9B4A6-20EA-4918-842C-3017820484E2_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.a940d56b38dcff82996114daf597fc8f.jpeg

The app clearly shows the items that are complimentary and the items that have a cost but are covered by the plan when you go to order. Personally, I loved the app and the ability to order things to be delivered to where ever I was. At first I struggled to get it to work properly on my phone, but once I changed a small setting, everything worked perfect for the entire cruise. 

Edited by MileHighAko
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, MileHighAko said:

Last week I was checking my past orders and saw an order set to delivered that included 1 wine, 1 cocktail, and 4 beers, worth $45 bucks.  Didn't charge me anything since I had the Plus drink package, but still wasn't mine so I used crew chat to let them know. They said thank you and that they'd let the bar staff know, but it never came off my orders list, but I wasn't charged for it anyway so wasn't a big deal. 

9FF9B4A6-20EA-4918-842C-3017820484E2_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.a940d56b38dcff82996114daf597fc8f.jpeg

The app clearly shows the items that are complimentary and the items that have a cost but are covered by the plan when you go to order. Personally, I loved the app and the ability to order things to be delivered to where ever I was. At first I struggled to get it to work properly on my phone, but once I changed a small setting, everything worked perfect for the entire cruise. 

It is a big deal if it puts you close to your 15 drink limit 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cali-croozer said:

In the morning, can me or my husband get 2 coffees at the IC? Do we just show both medallions. 🤔 

I've never had a problem getting multiple coffees at the IC with the package. DW was back in the cabin too.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, cali-croozer said:

In the morning, can me or my husband get 2 coffees at the IC? Do we just show both medallions. 🤔 

The servers know how bad it would be for me if I could only get one coffee and went back and told the wife she had to go get her own coffee. They know you have the package and that your roommate does as well so there is no issue. Same for drinks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

It is a big deal if it puts you close to your 15 drink limit 

It's also a big deal if someone is using my cabin number to order drinks. Often the system is sooooooooooo slow that a waiter asks for your cabin number instead of waiting for the system to deal with the order. I don't want someone using my cabin number (or various random cabin numbers) to get drinks covered for free. I pay to have the package. If someone else doesn't pay they shouldn't be getting free drinks on my account.

• Like 5

We are on the Sky this November and have the Premiere package.  This will be our first princess   Cruise with a package.  Our previous cruises we always purchased buckets of beer to take back to enjoy on our balcony.  With the drink package can my wife and I both get a couple beers at one time to take back to our balcony or can we just continue to order them from our cabin and have them delivered?  Thanks for your help.  

23 hours ago, MileHighAko said:

Personally, I loved the app and the ability to order things to be delivered to where ever I was. At first I struggled to get it to work properly on my phone, but once I changed a small setting, everything worked perfect for the entire cruise. 

Can you tell us what the setting was that you had to change in order to get the App to work correctly?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smokeyham said:

Can you tell us what the setting was that you had to change in order to get the App to work correctly?

On the iPhone, what I did was turn off the "Private Wi-Fi Address" feature on the MedallionNet wifi network settings. Once I did this, along with turning ON airplane mode, everything in the app functioned properly.

To find this setting, you go into Settings, and select WiFi, then you click the blue "i" with a circle around it on the right-hand side of the screen for the MedallionNet network, and then switch off "Private Wi-Fi Address".  

IMG_0909.thumb.jpeg.fadc0506f4640da25b115ba820a19f80.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stive1 said:

With the drink package can my wife and I both get a couple beers at one time to take back to our balcony or can we just continue to order them from our cabin and have them delivered?

Our experience was Yes. We had no problems ordering multiple drinks at a time, either in person or for delivery.