Back from Reflection b2b

di T

Well we flew home earlier this week after 21nights on the Reflection! Our first Celebrity cruises for nearly 3 years, it was a wonderful trip! Although we have cruised many times on Celebrity and are Elite plus we have been trying a few other lines lately.These cruises had been cancelled three times due to the Pandemic, and with all the pre testing and the stress of  what would happen if one of us tested positive before or worse still if the test was required before the second voyage! But hey everything turned out fine. Weather was glorious, the ship was well maintained and food was as good as we have had for a long time.

Enjoyed so much that I have just booked another Mediterranean b2b for next September on the same ship. The crew were told they could choose to wear masks on the second cruise and most stopped wearing them, it was lovely to see their happy smiles. Hopefully this is another step forward and life can get back to some kind of normality. Just wanted to let you all know what a positive time we had, as Captain Michael says life is beautiful enjoy it! Dianne

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Curious what you thought of the pricing for 2023 Med cruise compared to what you paid for your recent cruise?  I was looking at Reflection for next September as well and thought the pricing seems to have increased quite a lot, especially with the change back to Cruise Only or All Inclusive options?

Prices have gone way up! My April 2022 Trans Atlantic Sky Suite,14 nights cost me $7,864.00.

New price 2023 but for 13 nights is $12,282.00. maybe the 2022 cruise was a deal, I booked it on a black Friday sale. With the Sky Suite you do get all the perks.

Edited by southernbreezes

On 9/30/2022 at 7:07 AM, di T said:

Well we flew home earlier this week after 21nights on the Reflection! Our first Celebrity cruises for nearly 3 years, it was a wonderful trip! Although we have cruised many times on Celebrity and are Elite plus we have been trying a few other lines lately.These cruises had been cancelled three times due to the Pandemic, and with all the pre testing and the stress of  what would happen if one of us tested positive before or worse still if the test was required before the second voyage! But hey everything turned out fine. Weather was glorious, the ship was well maintained and food was as good as we have had for a long time.

Enjoyed so much that I have just booked another Mediterranean b2b for next September on the same ship. The crew were told they could choose to wear masks on the second cruise and most stopped wearing them, it was lovely to see their happy smiles. Hopefully this is another step forward and life can get back to some kind of normality. Just wanted to let you all know what a positive time we had, as Captain Michael says life is beautiful enjoy it! Dianne

Thanks for posting the positive feedback, we’re on the Reflection next Sept B2B first time on this ship. Maybe we’re on the same sailings!

On 9/30/2022 at 4:28 PM, TheHawk1 said:

Curious what you thought of the pricing for 2023 Med cruise compared to what you paid for your recent cruise?  I was looking at Reflection for next September as well and thought the pricing seems to have increased quite a lot, especially with the change back to Cruise Only or All Inclusive options?

Yes the price for the b2b next September is way higher than I paid got the one I’ve just got off! This years cruise was booked 3 years ago and included bev package, tips and a good amount of obc it was also what is normally a more expensive itinerary, next years is same cabin category but no perks except for on board credit! But next year I have booked three very different cruise brands, NCL B2B in spring, Oceania in June then the Reflection in September looking forward to all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/30/2022 at 11:28 AM, TheHawk1 said:

Prices will come down when we stop booking on Celebrity.  Until that happens you can expect to see even higher prices

On 9/30/2022 at 8:28 AM, TheHawk1 said:

Prices are defiantly up across the board.  To me it makes sense when I consider that the highest margin cost items for cruise ships is Fuel, Food and Staff.     I think we are also noticing these same items affecting land base restaurants, airlines hotels.  

I had sticker shock last week when we went out to dinner.   Prices are up about 30%.

On 9/30/2022 at 10:28 AM, TheHawk1 said:

We booked a SS in December for a Med cruise next May. It was $13k. Thought that was very high for a ship that hasn’t been revolutionized. Decided that it wasn’t worth it so ended up changing it to Aqua because it  was cheaper than a veranda! Both are higher now, especially the Aqua cabin, but the veranda is still a little more than we paid so we a sticking with Aqua……for now 

2 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

We booked a SS in December for a Med cruise next May. It was $13k. Thought that was very high for a ship that hasn’t been revolutionized. Decided that it wasn’t worth it so ended up changing it to Aqua because it  was cheaper than a veranda! Both are higher now, especially the Aqua cabin, but the veranda is still a little more than we paid so we a sticking with Aqua……for now 

I’m booking a year out and still high prices even with many veranda cabins to choose from. However the itinerary on Reflection is much better than Edge or other sailings. May just have to grin and bear it. Doesn’t look like there will be any cruise bargains for awhile.

Prices are on the rise and like everything else the service, quantity and quality are going down. 

Not that I need more food served but a pound is no longer a pound and a quart is no longer a quart if you can understand what I am saying, eg a half gallon of ice cream is no longer 1/2 gallon.  A pound bag of potato chips is no longer a pound.   They reduced the size and increase the price. 

Everything is being discretely downsize while raising the prices.  

I have 6 more cruises scheduled and the way things are going that may be the end of it.  

I get the constant emails for X about 75% off on the second guest.   I check the cruises that I have booked and they would be at least 50% more and sometimes doubled.   Great sale 

My pension doesn’t increase, if mynincreases is taken back by the Medicare increase, everything increases except for my income. 

I am going back to college, take one class, take out a $10,000 student loan.  Drop the class and pocket the money.  It doesn’t say you have to pass the class or graduate. 💰🤗.  This will fund my next cruise. 

Am I complaining ???? Yes and no.  Life is great and it has been good.   Cruising isn’t a right, it is a privilege.   My worst day is probably better than 95% of the world’s population best day. 

If I decide to no longer cruise because of the cost, than so be it. It is my choice.  So far no one is dictating that  I have to.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1