How Good Is Celebrity Travel Insurance

Luvtoeat

Just booked a free cruise thru the blue chip club. Price is less than $300.00 for a week. I always take travel insurance thru one of travel insurance websites because  the various coverages such as medical or evacuation have high limits. Even thought the cruise cost is so low I dont want to skimp on having good coverage limits. Just wondering how the Celebrity travel insurance worked out for anyone having to use it. 

9 hours ago, Luvtoeat said:

Just booked a free cruise thru the blue chip club. Price is less than $300.00 for a week. I always take travel insurance thru one of travel insurance websites because  the various coverages such as medical or evacuation have high limits. Even thought the cruise cost is so low I dont want to skimp on having good coverage limits. Just wondering how the Celebrity travel insurance worked out for anyone having to use it. 

What are you trying to insure?  The cost of the cruise? Medical expenses?  Do you have other insurance coverage?

3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

What are you trying to insure?  The cost of the cruise? Medical expenses?  Do you have other insurance coverage?

Looking for high medical and evacuation because you never know what may happen. Since cost of cruise is so low not to worried about recouping that. In the past I have taken travel insurance that was not much cheaper than the cost of this cruise. It does not pay to skimp on coverage.

https://coverage.archinsurancesolutions.com/description-of-coverage/EKCJe8iaZ6aHu3cTFIBUK1Uw0uoMftK77ka3NcXykkUZ7cW3e81189rlXdDBTjqw3Q44

Here is a link to the policy. You’ll see that medical is $25,000, and evacuation is $50,000. Those limits may be adequate if you are just going to the Caribbean.

The $50,000 evacuation will get you back to the states, but remember that evacuation coverage in any policy means hospital to hospital transfer after you have been treated locally and only if you need a higher level of care as determined by participating doctors and the insurance company.

The $25,000 medical might be enough if you have other insurance, depending on how it works. With good coverage, the $25,000 could be used for deductibles and co-pay.

You can get a third-party policy with much higher limits since you are insuring a minimum cruise cost. Most policies have a break point at $500 or  $1,000 increments. Use one of the websites to see what it would cost to insure the least amount. You’ll  still get full benefits of the policy.

11 minutes ago, Babr said:

https://coverage.archinsurancesolutions.com/description-of-coverage/EKCJe8iaZ6aHu3cTFIBUK1Uw0uoMftK77ka3NcXykkUZ7cW3e81189rlXdDBTjqw3Q44

Here is a link to the policy. You’ll see that medical is $25,000, and evacuation is $50,000. Those limits may be adequate if you are just going to the Caribbean.

The $50,000 evacuation will get you back to the states, but remember that evacuation coverage in any policy means hospital to hospital transfer after you have been treated locally and only if you need a higher level of care as determined by participating doctors and the insurance company.

The $25,000 medical might be enough if you have other insurance, depending on how it works. With good coverage, the $25,000 could be used for deductibles and co-pay.

You can get a third-party policy with much higher limits since you are insuring a minimum cruise cost. Most policies have a break point at $500 or  $1,000 increments. Use one of the websites to see what it would cost to insure the least amount. You’ll  still get full benefits of the policy.

I usually get the insurance from either insure My Trip or Squaremouth. Some of the premiums are more than the cruise cost but others are actually half of the cost. Will have to review the coverage limits and make a decision on which to take.

52 minutes ago, Luvtoeat said:

I usually get the insurance from either insure My Trip or Squaremouth. Some of the premiums are more than the cruise cost but others are actually half of the cost. Will have to review the coverage limits and make a decision on which to take.

I don’t know what you are putting in the search parameters. Maybe age is running up the cost, but I found several policies for less than $50 to insure a $300 cruise.

If the cruise is free, do you have any nonrefundable costs to insure? Try plugging in 0. Or check the box for Medical Only.

7 hours ago, Luvtoeat said:

Looking for high medical and evacuation because you never know what may happen. Since cost of cruise is so low not to worried about recouping that. In the past I have taken travel insurance that was not much cheaper than the cost of this cruise. It does not pay to skimp on coverage.

If you are looking for good medical and evacuation coverage, take a look at single trip coverage from GeoBlue

I used to always purchase through the cruise line until I started looking elsewhere, just to see what was out there.   I found prices to be less with much better coverage.  The coverage, in my opinion is what counts.  I would pay more for better coverage, but I pay less with much better coverage. 

I would suggest looking at different policies and decide what's important to you and the limits they will cover and what's covered. 

Also, your credit card that you used may offer certain benefits.

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl