Holland Mariner Credits

54Carol

13 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

When you take your first HAL cruise and have loyalty status on another Carnival Corporation cruise line, you will start out as a 1 star Mariner.  I'm not 100 percent sure, but I think that is the case will all the Carnival owned cruise lines.

As soon as you step aboard you have one star status regardless of previous cruising experience.   You can’t be a zero star Mariner, entry into the program is automatic. 

2 minutes ago, Mary229 said:
17 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

When you take your first HAL cruise and have loyalty status on another Carnival Corporation cruise line, you will start out as a 1 star Mariner.  I'm not 100 percent sure, but I think that is the case will all the Carnival owned cruise lines.

As soon as you step aboard you have one star status regardless of previous cruising experience.   You can’t be a zero star Mariner, entry into the program is automatic. 

If you have 1* status from another Carnival Corp line before you board, you will get the tile. If you attain 1* status by being on the cruise, you won't.

5 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

If you have 1* status from another Carnival Corp line before you board, you will get the tile. If you attain 1* status by being on the cruise, you won't.

Well I guess that is something…….

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

That is not exactly correct.  According to the HAL Mariner page you reach 1* status when you have completed your first cruise.  @Cruise Suzy  Stated what I tried to say earlier, better than I did

This is from the HAL Mariner page regarding Mariner status and benefits.

★ — One cruise completed ★★★★ — 200 cruise day credits
★★ — 30 cruise day credits ★★★★★ — 500 cruise day credits

★★★ — 75 cruise day credits

11 minutes ago, schildiams said:

How can you ink your carnival status?

Luckily I had saved the loyalty numbers Princess assigned to us in 2008. For our first HAL cruise in 2019, I gave them and the date of our Princess cruise to our TA. She notified HAL. HAL verified the info. If you don't have your number(s), HAL may be able to verify with just a date.

If you used a HAL PCC, contact that person. If you self-booked online, you will probably need to call.

Only 1 cruise is needed to credit you with being a 1* on HAL; no days will be credited though. For Mariner status HAL counts only days sailed on a HAL ship.