Adjacent cabins

kevboy

I have just booked 2 balcony cabins on Arvia Caribbean christmas cruise 2023. I wanted 2 adjacent cabins. My TA advised that he could not find two adjacent cabins anywhere on the ship! He spoke to someone at P&O who confirmed that it was not possible to book adjacent cabins but he couldn`t say why. To make matters worse it seems that my cabin has an interactive door with the next cabin. It seems that every other cabin on each deck is unbookable.  Can anyone throw any light on this please?

thanks

kev

Further to my post. I have now been informed that it is to with flight days. alternate cabins are reserved for alternate flight days. The only way to get adjacent cabins is for my children to fly on Friday and my wife and myself to fly on Saturday.  If this is not absolutely Ludicrous then I dont know what is.  Surely someone must be able to sanction adjacent cabins but who?   does anyone know who I might contact at P&O to complain to ?

Just now, kevboy said:

Further to my post. I have now been informed that it is to with flight days. alternate cabins are reserved for alternate flight days. The only way to get adjacent cabins is for my children to fly on Friday and my wife and myself to fly on Saturday.  If this is not absolutely Ludicrous then I dont know what is.  Surely someone must be able to sanction adjacent cabins but who?   does anyone know who I might contact at P&O to complain to ?

It's certainly annoying if you want adjoining cabins, but you can perhaps understand why the hotel staff would prefer an easy way to know which cabins want a full service on changeover day. There are obviously other options they could choose which would enable adjacent cabins to be booked, maybe if there are enough complaints they will eventually reconsider.

Have you tried booking online to see if you are able to have adjoining cabins?

Or you could try (painful though it will be) phoning P&O direct to book?

Surely you are not the only one that wants adjoining cabins - yes I can understand the logic behind it but if it is managed correctly then it should not be a major issue - but managing expectations and P&O don't really work in the same sentence!!

6 hours ago, david63 said:

Have you tried booking online to see if you are able to have adjoining cabins?

Or you could try (painful though it will be) phoning P&O direct to book?

Surely you are not the only one that wants adjoining cabins - yes I can understand the logic behind it but if it is managed correctly then it should not be a major issue - but managing expectations and P&O don't really work in the same sentence!!

Apart from a long wait at some peak times, there is nothing painful about phoning P&O to book. Everyone I have ever dealt with has been polite, friendly and helpful. However, as you chose to hand your booking to an agent, it is they who should be pursuing this on your behalf. 

• Like 1