Bailey's Not Included?

JamieLogical

2 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Ok so if I wanted to sail out of the nyc area next month, what are my options for a ship where I could show up in my shorts and get seated for dinner whenever (according to celebrity anytime dining is limited and based on how early you book), and have some nice waterslides?

Anthem of the Seas November 27 out of Bayonne.  You can even wear shorts to all of the specialty venues on RCI, unlike Le Bistro on NCL.  Known by firsthand experience on the Oasis in June by my DH.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Wading into the deep end I see. 

Yeah….that was fun.  Sorry I didn’t show self control and engaged against my better judgement.

I’ll leave you with this……

Back on topic…..Bourbon is my main drink….more specifically, Buffalo Trace bourbon.  I live within an hour of the Bourbon Trail and find it hard to find short of going to the distillery.  

Not a real vodka guy, but like Titos and SKYY for my morning Bloody Mary.  When I get fancy, it’s usually a Dark and Stormy.

Beers-fave is Peroni.  I like Goose Island, too.  But, if I’m hot and thirsty, even a plain ‘ol Budweiser will do.

I’ve been known to drink a martini up or a Worldwide as an after dinner drink.

Edited by graphicguy

18 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Yeah….that was fun.  Sorry I didn’t show self control and engaged against my better judgement.

I’ll leave you with this……

Back on topic…..Bourbon is my main drink….more specifically, Buffalo Trace bourbon.  I live within an hour of the Bourbon Trail and find it hard to find short of going to the distillery.  

Not a real vodka guy, but like Titos and SKYY for my morning Bloody Mary.  When I get fancy, it’s usually a Dark and Stormy.

Beers-fave is Peroni.  I like Goose Island, too.  But, if I’m hot and thirsty, even a plain ‘ol Budweiser will do.

I’ve been known to drink a martini up or a Worldwide as an after dinner drink.

So basically based on your post history you only criticize NCL when they take something away from you (the GEM example from 2021 that another poster pointed to) and when it’s something you don’t care for then you defend NCL. So when NCL increases the price of bourbon we’ll probably see you on here complaining about NCL…but since it’s Baileys which you don’t care for then nobody else is allowed to complain. Got it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DaCruiseBug said:

If you can’t see (or choose not to see) how NCL nickels & dimes customers and consistently make changes to take more money out of your pocket and put it into theirs then there’s no reason to even answer your question. 

I think the point is you are on an NCL board complaining about a product you don't use?? No one is taking money out of anyone's pocket they are choosing to give it to them. If you choose not to so be it. I personally don't see the difference if I am charged piece meal for an overall experience or in a lump sum. If anything, nickel and diming as you call it, gives me more choice, I can say yes or no to each part of the experience. Either way I can get a pretty good idea about what the total cost of my trip will be and decide if it is it worth it to me or not. While many have decided other lines are a better option, some people have decided what and how Norwegian charges is worth what they provide . This clearly perplexes you. I'm just not sure why you care enough to chastise them for making a choice you don't agree with on a message board designed for people who have made that very choice.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, MonGu said:

Baileys original is an extra charge, their Irish cream is the same thing and free.  just remember to ask for Irish Cream and not Baileys. 

That is your opinion of course.  My opinion is that there is a big difference between Bailys and the imposter that they serve, especially if drinking it straight.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Anthem of the Seas November 27 out of Bayonne.  You can even wear shorts to all of the specialty venues on RCI, unlike Le Bistro on NCL.  Known by firsthand experience on the Oasis in June by my DH.

I think Royal will be our next line to try, I’ve checked out the board and the only issue seems to be that their anytime dining isn’t as smooth as NCL because they still do traditional.

I plan on trying to "concoct" something that approximates Bailey's made from different liquors that I "think" might get close.  Don't know how successful I'll be.  But, I'm sure it will be fun trying.

Maybe I can get Jamie to participate since she's going to be on this cruise, too.  She can be the final arbiter.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Reese15233 said:

I think the point is you are on an NCL board complaining about a product you don't use?? No one is taking money out of anyone's pocket they are choosing to give it to them. If you choose not to so be it. I personally don't see the difference if I am charged piece meal for an overall experience or in a lump sum. If anything, nickel and diming as you call it, gives me more choice, I can say yes or no to each part of the experience. Either way I can get a pretty good idea about what the total cost of my trip will be and decide if it is it worth it to me or not. While many have decided other lines are a better option, some people have decided what and how Norwegian charges is worth what they provide . This clearly perplexes you. I'm just not sure why you care enough to chastise them for making a choice you don't agree with on a message board designed for people who have made that very choice.

I've been on 2 post-covid NCL cruises. Why would you assume I don't use the product? Unlike some people on this forum, I understand that a forum is specifically for discussion. Good or Bad. It's not a cheerleaders club unless they take something away from you personally.

Charging a-la-carte for items would be ok if fares weren't inflated to cover the costs of those things to begin with. So you're paying a higher cruise fare from the start and then they're throwing in all their additional bs fees. It's like being charged twice.

Anyone is free to cruise on whoever they want, and I honestly don't care who you cruise on. Just don't make it out to be that little poor NCL that was shut down during Covid should get a pass on their shenanigans just because they haven't taken away or started charging for something you care about. I'm willing to bet $100 that if NCL started charging $5 for waterslides and $5 to wear shorts in the MDR at night that you'd be on this board kicking and screaming. 

4 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I think Royal will be our next line to try, I’ve checked out the board and the only issue seems to be that their anytime dining isn’t as smooth as NCL because they still do traditional.

The problem with NCL is that they only do anytime, while other lines still give traditionalists the option for set time.

The major problem with RCI is their Dynamic Pricing policy with drink packages and excursions.  The prices fluctuate depending upon the length of your cruise, the ship you sail on and the date of your cruise.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The problem with NCL is that they only do anytime, while other lines still give traditionalists the option for set time.

The major problem with RCI is their Dynamic Pricing policy with drink packages and excursions.  The prices fluctuate depending upon the length of your cruise, the ship you sail on and the date of your cruise.

Anytime dining is what hot us to cruise in the first place. I really do enjoy a beverage package, I’m usually a wine drinker, sometimes I’ll order a fun cocktail when out, but many times they’re too sweet and I regret it, especially after paying $14. With the UBP I don’t care if I leave it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

If you dine on the waterfront of LeBistro, you can actually wear shorts.  Weather permitting, I much prefer to dine on the water fronts of the Specialty Restaurants.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

If you dine on the waterfront of LeBistro, you can actually wear shorts.  Weather permitting, I much prefer to dine on the water fronts of the Specialty Restaurants.

Since this thread is hopelessly off topic I'll ask - what ship(s) have Le Bistro on the Waterfront?  I have eaten there on several ships and it always seems to be tucked away in one of the most remote locations of any of the restaurants...

• Haha 1

Just had an aside:. The Bailey's substitute (Maloney's) is pretty good.

When we ordered our usual Bailey's straight up on the Getaway in August, and were told that it was no longer included on the standard drink package, we were a little shocked.  But the alternative Irish cream was offered, and when we tried it (really, prepared to turn our noses up at it!) ... it was pretty good.

We don't claim to be Irish cream aficionados,, but we do know what we like and what tastes good.  While we were initially disappointed to lose the Bailey's, turns out we're just fine with the new option, and it's quite a bit better than any "pretenders" we've tried in the past.  

Maybe once people give it a try, they won't be so worried about the increase in the Bailey's cost.  

Edited by Robkat
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

Since this thread is hopelessly off topic I'll ask - what ship(s) have Le Bistro on the Waterfront?  I have eaten there on several ships and it always seems to be tucked away in one of the most remote locations of any of the restaurants...

My bad...other specialties have dining on the Waterfront, but not LeBistro.  Sorry!

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/waterfront

I was thinking of Ocean Blue, which requires long pants indoors but not on the Waterfront.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

I just booked my next cruise on MSC.   Looked at the 2022 MSC Divina drink menu and Bailey's is $8, so it's included in the mid-tier drink package which is anything under $9 (Easy Plus).   That package was only $20/day on my cruise (obviously discounted) and includes wifi (without video).  But....  if you go over the drink package limit you pay full price, not the difference...  so props to NCL for that.

Competition is a good thing.  😀

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Besides the Prima, which other ship in the fleet has alfresco dining at LeBistro?  Certainly not the Bliss or Escape.

So...this thread started out as a discussion on Bailey's. So far it has devolved into:

Celebrity

Royal Caribbean

MSC

Real estate taxes

Shorts

Waterfront dining

Personal attacks

Who knows what else? (too lazy to page back nine pages).

Gotta love Cruise Critic.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

So...this thread started out as a discussion on Bailey's. So far it has devolved into:

Celebrity

Royal Caribbean

MSC

Real estate taxes

Shorts

Waterfront dining

Personal attacks

Who knows what else? (too lazy to page back nine pages).

Gotta love Cruise Critic.

We must have 'Frankie Boy...' in here somewhere.  No thread can go this many pages without him showing up...

• Haha 1