Miami Hotel Options

barriechris

15 hours ago, barriechris said:

Feb 25

The Presidents Day week (in 2023 that would begin on Saturday, February 18 and go until Sunday February 26 is the busiest vacation week in Florida after the Christmas/New Years holidays and before Easter break.  Lots of northern public schools have winter break and lots of familes want to escape the cold and snow.

On 10/3/2022 at 10:49 PM, christyran1228 said:

We're staying at the Marriott Courtyard downtown in December.  When you're going makes all the difference in price, imo.  

She said there's a 3rd party shuttle that'll take us to the port for $10pp, or we may just call a cab.

$10.00 per person is expensive. You can get an Uber for $10 + tip. 

• Like 1

February is an expensive month for Miami. Don't worry about shuttles, there are not many, but Miami is not that big taxi/rideshare won't be too bad. 

I usually map it out on hotels.com and see what I can find. Not sure what your exact price range is, but right now JW Marriot in Brickell is showing rooms a $368, which is not horrible. 

Edited by Flymia
  • Like 1

I have booked this hotel for 12/26/22, https://www.ebhotels.com/miami.  They have free transportation from the airport and a breakfast for $10 pp.  they also have a cruise and stay pkg that includes a shuttle to the port, but it is more cost effective to Uber.  I have read that this is not an area one would want to walk around, but we are arriving in the evening and leaving in the am.  Rates are very reasonable.  I took a cruise President’s Day 2018 out of Fort Lauderdale.  We found a place for $200, Rodeway Inn.  I would never stay there again.  This is not much more than that and looks very nice.

19 minutes ago, bcsurvivor2001 said:

First time staying - but I’m booked at Comfort Suites Miami Aiport North - $213 (12/9) for day b4 cruise and $144 (12/19) return day. Free breakfast, free airport shuttle and free port shuttle. 🤞🏼

I am looking at this now. 19 or us and that free shuttle to the port sounds great! Anyone have experience with this?

11 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

I am looking at this now. 19 or us and that free shuttle to the port sounds great! Anyone have experience with this?

I don't have experience with this hotel and shuttle service but I have used hotel shuttles to other ports.  The description on the hotel's website, raises a couple of questions.

Upon arriving at the hotel, notify the front desk clerk that you will need a shuttle to the Port of Miami for your cruise. They will sign you up for transportation at that time. Early times are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

I would check with the hotel on the size of the shuttle (will it hold 19?) and will the first person to check-in (assuming you aren't all arriving at the same time) be able to sign everyone up.  Otherwise realize you will be spread throughout the morning shuttle departures.

• Like 1

We arrive Christmas day for a Dec 26th departure on Freedom of the Seas. We are a party of 5 so will need a suite-style room.   I have some Bonvoy points to use up so looking at either a Residence inn near the airport, or one near South beach.  Doing a mock booking using my uber app, it seems to be fairly expensive to Uber from MIA to the the one close to the airport (need an Uber XL) - $33 USD.  

Are Uber and Lyft likely to be charging surge pricing on Christmas Day for an airport pickup to take us to our hotel for the night? 

On 10/3/2022 at 10:27 PM, CruzerDeb said:

I usually stay at Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Decent view of ships in port (in the distance). Across the street from a nice mall with good restaurants. No shuttle, but a 10-minute ride to the port. 

When you say "mall" would it be possible to get soda there in cans without having to drive?  Walking distance?  We literally need a room for a few hours as our flight doesn't get into Miami until 11:30 at night.  So something affordable and close to somewhere to pick up soda would be great!

Thank you.