Shareholder Benefit Denied

Nanannjen

15 minutes ago, cruisingrandy said:

Does anyone know if shares held in an Ira brokerage account in your name count ?  I have the shares in a Fidelity account that is in my IRA.  Will they count or do I need some in my regular Fidelity account?

My most recent purchase was an IRA. No problem.

Denise

Emailed the form and a screenshot of our holdings page from the website on Friday, email and OBC confirmation in my email this morning.  

FYI, make sure the date and your name shows on the screenshot as well as the stocks.  Had it sent back for a redo last year because no date showed.

I sent in the required paperwork for an upcoming cruise on Oceania. A week went by and I heard nothing so I sent an email asking for status of the shareholder request. I got a reply stating they will be applying the OBC to my account but I won't see it in my account until I am onboard. NCL   does this differently than Oceania even though it's the same corporation. I have to  trust that I will see the $100 credit once I am cruising.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 8:36 AM, grobma said:

I believe that if you have discrete stocks, they're supposed to generate it monthly. If you have a managed portfolio and/or mutual funds, they can generate quarterly. So I think you should get one monthly.

I bought shares in September, they showed up on the statement that was generated first week of October. I sent the one page out of the statement that showed the shares, with other account info redacted except for my name and the statement date, and sent it in. Thirty hours later I had OBC and confirmations.

Curious, does this mean that you bought and owned the shares for fewer than 2 months before your application was approved and the OBC applied? I keep reading elsewhere that you need to own the shares for 2 months before sailing, but the official NCL Investors site & FAQ doesn't say that.

3 minutes ago, f1rstxlas7 said:

Curious, does this mean that you bought and owned the shares for fewer than 2 months before your application was approved and the OBC applied? I keep reading elsewhere that you need to own the shares for 2 months before sailing, but the official NCL Investors site & FAQ doesn't say that.

Yup. Bought 9/2, send it in 10/5, got it 10/6.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 10:21 AM, cruisingrandy said:

Does anyone know if shares held in an Ira brokerage account in your name count ?  I have the shares in a Fidelity account that is in my IRA.  Will they count or do I need some in my regular Fidelity account?

Ours are held in our IRA brokerage thru Ameriprise and we got our OBC for our cruises 

On 10/15/2022 at 10:21 AM, cruisingrandy said:

My NCL Shares are in my IRA brokerage account.

- WYB

On 10/7/2022 at 10:09 PM, luv2travel06 said:

In the past, I was told that if you received any other discount on the booking, you couldn't get the shareholder benefit. Was that not true?

I usually get a "free" CAS cruise and have always received the shareholder credit.

On 10/7/2022 at 4:57 AM, vacation44 said:

Do you still own the shares?   I always wait till about 6 weeks before our sailings since I always wondered what would happen if I requested it a lot sooner when there would be a possibility that we sold our shares in the interim.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I doubt NCL is savvy enough to double check that the people they've given OBC to remain shareholders.  And even if they were, all the more reason to apply for it early.