Shareholder Benefit Denied

Nanannjen

I just want to warn people about the 15 day limit for requesting the shareholder benefit.  I know this is completely on me, but I just want to be sure that people are aware.  I submitted my request 13 days prior to the cruise - we booked it last minute, and I hadn't gotten around to it.  I got back a response today telling me that the request was denied because it was within the 15 days.  So, better to do it sooner rather than later!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Nanannjen said:

I just want to warn people about the 15 day limit for requesting the shareholder benefit.  I know this is completely on me, but I just want to be sure that people are aware.  I submitted my request 13 days prior to the cruise - we booked it last minute, and I hadn't gotten around to it.  I got back a response today telling me that the request was denied because it was within the 15 days.  So, better to do it sooner rather than later!

Wow thank you, we didn't know this. We just did it today, we are 28 days out.

I submitted my shareholder benefit in March 2022 for a cruise in Jan 2023.

The benefit was approved and was attached to my account in April 2022.

When I went to check my account and voyage in Oct 2022 the shareholder benefit was no longer associated.

I send an email to the normal shareholder benefit submission along with a screen shot of the benefit there in April but not there now (Oct).

They sent me back a case number to follow up with them.

I'll give NCL a week to resolve it before I contact them again and resubmit my shareholder benefit information again.

Safe travels,

- WYB

2 hours ago, WYB! said:

I submitted my shareholder benefit in March 2022 for a cruise in Jan 2023.

The benefit was approved and was attached to my account in April 2022.

When I went to check my account and voyage in Oct 2022 the shareholder benefit was no longer associated.

I send an email to the normal shareholder benefit submission along with a screen shot of the benefit there in April but not there now (Oct).

They sent me back a case number to follow up with them.

I'll give NCL a week to resolve it before I contact them again and resubmit my shareholder benefit information again.

Safe travels,

- WYB

Do you still own the shares?   I always wait till about 6 weeks before our sailings since I always wondered what would happen if I requested it a lot sooner when there would be a possibility that we sold our shares in the interim.

6 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Do you still own the shares?   I always wait till about 6 weeks before our sailings since I always wondered what would happen if I requested it a lot sooner when there would be a possibility that we sold our shares in the interim.

Yes, I still own shares of NCL.

- WYB

We have a 14 day cruise booked for April 2023 and now we are going to book the next cruise on the same ship for 10 days (we will have to book with a different company and it will be a different cabin etc.)   Will be get shareholder benefits for each of those 2 cruises or only one shareholder credit?   (There will be different booking numbers as well).

35 minutes ago, mexico8 said:

We have a 14 day cruise booked for April 2023 and now we are going to book the next cruise on the same ship for 10 days (we will have to book with a different company and it will be a different cabin etc.)   Will be get shareholder benefits for each of those 2 cruises or only one shareholder credit?   (There will be different booking numbers as well).

You will get a separate benefit for each NCL Cruise.

Shareholders who qualify will be able to receive a: $250 onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 15 days or more. $100 onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 14 days. $50 onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less.

• Like 1

In the past, I was told that if you received any other discount on the booking, you couldn't get the shareholder benefit. Was that not true?

Reading this post I realized I own NCLH shares and may have been able to apply for the shareholder benefit, but now I am within 2 weeks of sailing.

1 hour ago, luv2travel06 said:

In the past, I was told that if you received any other discount on the booking, you couldn't get the shareholder benefit. Was that not true?

Reading this post I realized I own NCLH shares and may have been able to apply for the shareholder benefit, but now I am within 2 weeks of sailing.

If I were you I would call NCL or whoever you booked your cruise with to verify the shareholder benefit.  Good luck and I hope you can get it.

6 hours ago, luv2travel06 said:

It's so easy to apply, I'd do it right now - shouldn't take more than a few minutes assuming you can get a copy of your brokerage statement easily.  Worst that happens is they deny it.

Any idea what's acceptable as a current brokerage statement to support the request? Will they accept a holding report generated from the broker's web site?  I've got a new brokerage account with the shares in it, and we sail in early December. I'm unsure whether they generate formal reports monthly or quarterly. I can't seem to get a definitive answer on this as the online information indicate that some accounts have monthly and some have quarterly without being specific about which account types...🤷‍♂️

I'll call next week to check, but I wanted to ask to develop a plan B.

Thanks!

51 minutes ago, Erekosse said:

I'm unsure whether they generate formal reports monthly or quarterly. 

I believe that if you have discrete stocks, they're supposed to generate it monthly. If you have a managed portfolio and/or mutual funds, they can generate quarterly. So I think you should get one monthly.

I bought shares in September, they showed up on the statement that was generated first week of October. I sent the one page out of the statement that showed the shares, with other account info redacted except for my name and the statement date, and sent it in. Thirty hours later I had OBC and confirmations.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Erekosse said:

Any idea what's acceptable as a current brokerage statement to support the request? Will they accept a holding report generated from the broker's web site? 

We've bought and sold cruise stocks over the years for the OBC. Just purchased NCLH on the dip for our upcoming transatlantic cruise. I sent them a copy of the confirmation showing the purchase of 100 shares. It had the Chas Schwab logo on it. Per their instructions, I blacked out our acct number. When I say "sent", it was all done via email. I attached jpg scans to the email and also inserted pics from my phone in the body of the email. Got approval email back within 24 hours with an amenity confirmation and obc was posted to my account as well.

Hope that helps!

Denise

Does anyone know if shares held in an Ira brokerage account in your name count ?  I have the shares in a Fidelity account that is in my IRA.  Will they count or do I need some in my regular Fidelity account?

28 minutes ago, Sundiego said:

We've bought and sold cruise stocks over the years for the OBC. Just purchased NCLH on the dip for our upcoming transatlantic cruise. I sent them a copy of the confirmation showing the purchase of 100 shares. It had the Chas Schwab logo on it. Per their instructions, I blacked out our acct number. When I say "sent", it was all done via email. I attached jpg scans to the email and also inserted pics from my phone in the body of the email. Got approval email back within 24 hours with an amenity confirmation and obc was posted to my account as well.

Hope that helps!

Denise

SAme….always just scanned my purchase receipt (account # blacked out) of the shares and sent it via email showing my res # for the cruise.  Never took more than 2-3 days for the OBC to show up on my reservation.

Once again NCL can do anything they want at any time (read the fine print).  Apply policies sometimes and sometimes not.  Have had shareholder benefit denied a few times for various reasons.  And then again approved with the same various reasons.   It all depends on who ends up with the paperwork.