Boston Restaurant

missaud

We are headed out Tomorrow to Boston for our Cruise on Sunday.  We will be staying at the Battery Wharf Hotel.  Any suggestions for some good places to eat?  Good seafood restaurants,  I think we are close to the North End so Italian would be good as well.  

3 hours ago, missaud said:

Good seafood restaurants

Neptune Oyster in the North End is excellent for overall local seafood. https://www.neptuneoyster.com/. If you were looking for sushi, O Ya over by South Station is truly superb-- reservations mandatory. 

4 hours ago, missaud said:

I think we are close to the North End so Italian would be good as well.

You are close and there are certainly a bunch of Italian restaurants but I find most of them just ok and very touristy. If I had to pick one in the North End it would be Lucca-- but mainly because of the great bar they have. My personal fave for fine dining Italian in town is Sorellina in Copley Square.

For a cannoli in the North End I'm a Mikes Pastry guy (although they are good at Modern Pastry) and they are both a short walk from your hotel and worth a visit even for a snack. 

If you were looking for a nice bar to just casually eat at going to the Oak Bar at The Fairmont Copley Plaza is a distinctly Boston experience-- the food is good but the architecture and atmosphere is great. 

Nothing in Boston is very far from anything else. If you were going to walk to something Neptune would be my pick but anything here is worth a long walk or short Uber ride. 

Check TripAdvisor's Boston forum.  There is a "what's your favorite North End Restaurant" thread started every 2-3 days.  In between that there is usually a "What's the best North End Restaurant" thread as well

On 10/5/2022 at 9:42 AM, princeton123211 said:

If you were looking for a nice bar to just casually eat at going to the Oak Bar at The Fairmont Copley Plaza is a distinctly Boston experience-- the food is good but the architecture and atmosphere is great. 

Been there and done that and would do it again!  And, if a Red Sox or Patriots game is on the TVs, the vibe is "electric"!