Samba Grill. How long...

We plan to try the Samba Grill on Allure.   If you have tried it, how long did the meal take to complete.   With so many servings, it just sounds like it would take awhile.   Would it be good to schedule it on a day we don't schedule a show after dinner?

• Like 1

We dined there a few years ago on the Allure, I don't recall it taking an unusual amount of time.  No longer than any other venue.  It was not very crowded on the evening we ate there.  You help yourself to the sides and salads that are in the center of the restaurant buffet style and the servers continually bring by the different meats.  So depending on how hungry you are and if you want to try them all will impact the total time as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We plan to try the Samba Grill on Allure.   If you have tried it, how long did the meal take to complete.   With so many servings, it just sounds like it would take awhile.   Would it be good to schedule it on a day we don't schedule a show after dinner?

I went to a Brazilian restaurant in San Diego, and it is probably basically the same. You will have a card with a color (mine was red and green). When the green is flipped up, that means you are ready for meat. The waiters are continually walking around with large skewers of meat and will slice some up for you. If the card is flipped to red, you’re taking a break (LOL). And as previous poster said, you go up to buffet for sides.

I’m not sure if the meat is handled the same way on Allure, but you can pretty much control your time. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

You will have a card with a color (mine was red and green). When the green is flipped up, that means you are ready for meat. The waiters are continually walking around with large skewers of meat and will slice some up for you

Yes it is the same card system on the Allure.  

• Like 2

We have eaten there several times. Typically I'd say our meal lasts 1.5 hours. It kind of depends upon how hungry you are.  The salad bar is available as soon as you sit down.  Thereafter they come around with the different meats frequently.  You can ask for repeats on any that you enjoy.   Great experience! Enjoy! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, mickeygirl78 said:

I dined here on Allure in September and we were there about an hour and a half. It was a great experience and I enjoyed it.

Thanks.  We just got back from Allureast night and we enjoyed.   It took us an hour and a half.   Funny thing,  I am loading pics and our experience at Samba Grill right now on my Live review.