Please tell me about the "MEGA DECK PARTY"

CDaze71

Pre-Covid. Apart from the 80s Rock and Glow Deck Party, the other big Deck Party was the Mexican Fiesta one.
So now, what is the theme for this Mega Deck Party? Have they scrapped the Mexican bit, or is this another theme?
Please advise so I can pack gear for it. Thanks.

7 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

OK so no actual Theme Gear needed for this one then? Thanks.

The big deck party on most ships is the 80s Party. The cruise director and some guest dress in their finest duds from the 80s, including big hair and leg warmers.

The mega deck party is 80s themed. They pass out some glow sticks and other trinkets from an Oriental Trading box to the crowd and dance to Whitney Houston etc.

Some people dress up for it but it's obviously optional. When I say dress up, it could be as simple as wearing a pac-man t-shirt.

The mexican themed night was wonderful with the midnight buffet, so obviously it couldn't last.

It's some primo people watching at the deck parties.  The same "line dancing" type music at all of them and the cruise director shouts at everyone asking them to do the dance and teach them the steps.  It's hilarious watching the drunkards attempt it. Get a seat at an upper level if you can for good viewing unless of course, you want in on the line dancing.

I've only been cruising since 2012 and I don't recall ever having a Mexican themed deck party.  If your cruise falls on a holiday, there is usually a theme event or deck party.  Mardi Gras, Halloween, St Patty's Day, etc. 

11 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

OK so no actual Theme Gear needed for this one then? Thanks.

Actually you're going to need a Red ball cap and an Orange wig.  

Oops, my bad!

I thought you were asking about the MAGA DECK PARTY 🥳 

Off to the Dollar and a Quarter store for stronger readers

• Haha 4

On the Vista in April they had three deck parties, the Mega Deck Party, 80s Rock & Glow and Silent White Party. According to our cruise director next week on the Panorama we will have a Halloween Deck Party, 80s Rock & Glow and Silent White Deck Party. 

2 minutes ago, adventuredancer said:

what is the silent white party? i'm assuming dress in white, but what about the silent part?

Headphones are used to play music instead of over loudspeakers. The headphones have colored lights that corresponds to a certain music channel there will be a switch where you can change the channel for different music, classic disco, Latin, hip hop, country, etc. When you see people bopping a little different than you are you can see what color their headphones are and switch yours to match. It's lots of fun! 

23 minutes ago, adventuredancer said:

so you borrow the headphones from someone? 

There's a supply of headphones for anyone who wants one, you wear your own headphone. After each use they are wiped cleaned. 

52 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Headphones are used to play music instead of over loudspeakers. The headphones have colored lights that corresponds to a certain music channel there will be a switch where you can change the channel for different music, classic disco, Latin, hip hop, country, etc. When you see people bopping a little different than you are you can see what color their headphones are and switch yours to match. It's lots of fun! 

Never heard of that one being done....sounds pretty interesting/fun!