Independence of seas

jillpra

Opinions wanted-Booked a Junior suite on independence of seas for November 14- just received email from. Royal up- this is my dilemma, which do I do:

1. the key for $158.92 which includes the surf and stream which I need;

2.surf and stream for $160:

3. bid on a grand suite for minimum bid for 2 people for $195- not sure what that includes on independence since it doesn’t have a coastal kitchen.

This cruise is a 4 night cruise just to relax and get away and first vacation in 5 years! 

Thanks.

Edited by jillpra

#1 and #2 aren't really the comparisons you want. What is the cost for 2 people getting the key (#1) vs one person getting the Internet for 2 devices (#2)? The price difference is likely more than $1.08.

Next, I think on Independence the only upgraded benefit to the grand suite is a larger room. 

Now that I'm typing this out, I think I agree with Biker, option 1 is probably the best option, if ANY (I'd probably do none of them), only because it at least gives you lunch at chops, if that's worth anything to you. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

I agree that a GS has very few perks once you’re below Oasis class, IMO.

No CK, no free internet, no free 11-11 beer, wine, soda, water in the SL, etc.

You get open bar happy hour & the nicer room of course & everyone values things differently.

20 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I agree that a GS has very few perks once you’re below Oasis class, IMO.

No CK, no free internet, no free 11-11 beer, wine, soda, water in the SL, etc.

You get open bar happy hour & the nicer room of course & everyone values things differently.

But you're also likely to be paying more for a suite on Oasis class than smaller/older ships so the extra perks can even out

49 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

But you're also likely to be paying more for a suite on Oasis class than smaller/older ships so the extra perks can even out

Fair point. I've never paid for one and only been treated to one once.

I'll go back to answering questions about cheap GTY's, D vouchers, and included food venues... my areas of expertise. 🙃

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Fair point. I've never paid for one and only been treated to one once.

I'll go back to answering questions about cheap GTY's, D vouchers, and included food venues... my areas of expertise. 🙃

I just today got a royal up email for dec 4th. I'm in a inside balcony. $400 x 2. Minimum bid $800 just to go to a JS.  I'm passing. They dont offer higher suites. Prices imo are already high for dec (about $500 more than allure next sept for comparison). 

I could be wrong but allure just coming into Galveston and people want to book it NOW. Which is why closer in dates are so high. 

Sometimes royal up is just not worth it.