Cozumel Restaurants

BizzyAr1

5 minutes ago, BizzyAr1 said:

We are wanting to take a cab from the port to downtown Cozumel. Does anyone have any recommendations for good places to eat? 😎

Recommend you ask/research on the Cozumel port of call forum.  Here's the link for you...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/131-cozumel/

• Like 1

Casa Denis is the oldest restaurant.   

La Mission had strolling mariachis at one time and outdoor seating. 

La Choza is an excellent choice.

La Candela is a place to try if you want to really go more authentic than tacos.  Great traditional lunches.  on the corner of Avenia 5 and Calle 4 Norte. 1 block inland from the Museum.

For cheaper eats:

Casa Cuzamil on Calle 3 Sur and Avenia 5 Sur just a block or so from Thirsty Cougar, or Los Tocaltes (old Los Oates) are good choices.  

There are a number of loncherias and comida economicas around serving lunch as well

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Casa Denis is the oldest restaurant.   

La Mission had strolling mariachis at one time and outdoor seating. 

La Choza is an excellent choice.

La Candela is a place to try if you want to really go more authentic than tacos.  Great traditional lunches.  on the corner of Avenia 5 and Calle 4 Norte. 1 block inland from the Museum.

For cheaper eats:

Casa Cuzamil on Calle 3 Sur and Avenia 5 Sur just a block or so from Thirsty Cougar, or Los Tocaltes (old Los Oates) are good choices.  

There are a number of loncherias and comida economicas around serving lunch as well

Thanks!

Good suggestions from @crewsweeper la Choza is one of our favorites.

I would add pescadería San Carlos for fish, if you are taking a taxi. Gastropark140 for a collection of food truck type places to sample authentic; also Aqui y Ahora on Melgar if you are able-bodied, walk to the back of the shop and climb the steps to the roof top for a view. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Good suggestions from @crewsweeper la Choza is one of our favorites.

I would add pescadería San Carlos for fish, if you are taking a taxi. Gastropark140 for a collection of food truck type places to sample authentic; also Aqui y Ahora on Melgar if you are able-bodied, walk to the back of the shop and climb the steps to the roof top for a view. 

👍

On 10/8/2022 at 8:12 AM, BizzyAr1 said:

👍

I forgot to add to my last post Callejón de la Diez, which is another food unit place like Gastropark, if you are interested an sampling local food. I have been to Gastropark (atmosphere depends on time of day) but haven’t been to Callejón as it opened after our last land visit. We will certainly try it next time as it is nearer where we stay in San Miguel and gets good reviews on TA. It is next to Santander and is probably easier to find and more convenient if you are exploring town.

There is another similar location out on the transversal. 

22 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

I forgot to add to my last post Callejón de la Diez, which is another food unit place like Gastropark, if you are interested an sampling local food. I have been to Gastropark (atmosphere depends on time of day) but haven’t been to Callejón as it opened after our last land visit. We will certainly try it next time as it is nearer where we stay in San Miguel and gets good reviews on TA. It is next to Santander and is probably easier to find and more convenient if you are exploring town.

There is another similar location out on the transversal. 

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tallyho8 said:

Does anyone know if the museum is open yet and if it now has an elevator to the 2nd floor restaurant?

I think a new thread would have been advisable for more specific information.

I haven’t been since reopening but there is definitely a new restaurant which has been open a while. Novena Ola. - part of the group with Sky Reef and La Monina.

This website says elevator..

https://cozumelparks.com/en/cozumel-museum/

i have always found them quick to respond to emails.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1