New Solo Cabins on Oceania R-class ships?

dindovina

I am booked to travel solo in a newly re-classed Solo cabin on Sirena departing Miami 11/18/22.  I understand from an earlier press release that the new cabins would debut on these ships as follows:  Regatta on September 25, Nautica on September 26, and Insignia and Sirena on October 1.  I would love to hear from anyone who is currently sailing in one of these cabins.  I'm most interested in understanding if the cabin bed has now changed to a twin/single bed.  (Pics of the new Solo Concierge Veranda staterooms on the upcoming Vista show a twin/single bed - hoping that is not the case on the R-class ships!). Also wondering if there is a lounge chair in the cabin.  Thank you!  

13 hours ago, dindovina said:

I am booked to travel solo in a newly re-classed Solo cabin on Sirena departing Miami 11/18/22.  

Wife and I are on that cruise. B2 Veranda, deck 6 forward. IF you see a man with a goatee wearing a t-shirt saying Paraguay on it, that's me. 😉

1 hour ago, MEFIowa said:

Here is the material from O's web site, including schematic:

Luxury Cruise Suites & Staterooms Aboard the Sirena - Oceania Cruise (oceaniacruises.com)

The  schematic  is NOT of the "solo " cabins  it is  balcony  cabin

The photo is more like the solo cabins

doubt they will have room for  a sofa in those  cabins

You can find  videos of the former "E"  cabins on Yourtube  just plug in the cabin number in the search

Those solo cabins are the oceanviews from 6030-39.  These are those 143 sq ft oceanviews with door entry from the side.  If they left the original double bed in there, it may be adequate.  If they reduce the size of the original bed to a twin.  It will be more than adequate in terms of space.  Also these rooms never had a couch, if I recall.  Have you considered calling Oceania?  

19 minutes ago, zoncom said:

Sailed 71N 6030 several yrs. ago with a friend. They had 2 twin beds .No couch. Call O to see what bed(s) they use now. Think they are hiding pricing too.

To get the pricing, you have to input that one passenger is sailing. After that, the next page will show you pricing for the solo cabin category

The actual layout shows when doing a dummy-booking. Since the beds are not standard sizes anyway, I think a custom width bed (bigger than twin) that would allow a comfortable chair with a pull out foot rest under the reading light by the window would be a great addition. That window in 6030 is a great viewing location when the crew has a safety drill!

image.png.80205bd14c328617615f58ba25ac87cd.png

On 10/7/2022 at 8:06 PM, dindovina said:

I am booked to travel solo in a newly re-classed Solo cabin on Sirena departing Miami 11/18/22.  I understand from an earlier press release that the new cabins would debut on these ships as follows:  Regatta on September 25, Nautica on September 26, and Insignia and Sirena on October 1.  I would love to hear from anyone who is currently sailing in one of these cabins.  I'm most interested in understanding if the cabin bed has now changed to a twin/single bed.  (Pics of the new Solo Concierge Veranda staterooms on the upcoming Vista show a twin/single bed - hoping that is not the case on the R-class ships!). Also wondering if there is a lounge chair in the cabin.  Thank you!  

Will Riviera & Marina have an equivalent solo stateroom like the R-class ships? I’m booked on Vista’s solo concierge in 2024. Not liking the twin bed! But, I’ll give it a try once.

6 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Will Riviera & Marina have an equivalent solo stateroom like the R-class ships? I’m booked on Vista’s solo concierge in 2024. Not liking the twin bed! But, I’ll give it a try once.

I wonder what Cat they would change to Solo on the O class ships ?

Maybe  the insides ?

They do not have the small cabins like on the R ships

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

I’m in one of those cabins on Regatta from 21 October. I’ll try to remember to post my thoughts soon after.

Looking forward to your post. Especially interested in bed size…..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dindovina said:

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I had previously reviewed the online layouts and the YouTube videos and will call Oceania today.

DeanoNorthPerth, excited for your post. Enjoy your sailing. 

Does O answer the phone on Sundays? If so, I’ll queue up behind you to ask my question as my TA is back to “radio silence.” (Grrrrrr)

4 hours ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

I’m in one of those cabins on Regatta from 21 October. I’ll try to remember to post my thoughts soon after.

If you can post photos  that would be appreciated 

• Like 1

just food for thought...

I had booked a solo cabin on Insignia to Bermuda for Sept 2023. Obstructed view.

When the Labour Day sale was coming, I switched to a C2 Deluxe Ocean View(paying the single supplement), and once the sale started, there was availability in B2, so I was able to move to a B2. It ended up costing about $350 more for a week with a balcony!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, dindovina said:

Hi there @DeanoNorthPerth. Hope you are enjoying the first days of your cruise. Any thoughts on the solo cabin? Thank you!

Boarded Regatta yesterday. First impressions of the cabin is it is indeed small but the window is large so I don’t feel claustrophobic. I think I’ll be happy here. As requested, I took a photo of the bed. My computer skills are poor at best but I’ll try to post it.

800EE38C-EF5D-4FDA-BA2E-2A6463BAFF3E.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

Boarded Regatta yesterday. First impressions of the cabin is it is indeed small but the window is large so I don’t feel claustrophobic. I think I’ll be happy here. As requested, I took a photo of the bed. My computer skills are poor at best but I’ll try to post it.

Thank you for posting.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

What size is that bed? It looks bigger than a twin. 

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

We were the last couple to (officially) occupy 6030 on Regatta and the beds are the same as before. I measured out of curiosity but can't find my notes (how useful...sarcasm font); I seem to remember the bed was shorter and slightly wider than standard full size...definitely bigger than a twin though...comfortable for two people as long as the pets aren't also traveling.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, ORV said:

it looks like the regular one  that the other cabins have

They probably will just leave them in those cabins  ???

43 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

We were the last couple to (officially) occupy 6030 on Regatta and the beds are the same as before. I measured out of curiosity but can't find my notes (how useful...sarcasm font); I seem to remember the bed was shorter and slightly wider than standard full size...definitely bigger than a twin though...comfortable for two people as long as the pets aren't also traveling.

I concur. Certainly a little shorter but seems same width as previous Oceania beds.