No courtesy hold nor transfer to agency after final payment date ?

odysee

Tried to make courtesy hold tonight via Celebrity phone call for cruise 14 Nov 2022 (was not possible online).

The Celebrity agent made reservation but was told it expires if not paid by tomorrow as there are no courtesy holds possible after final payment date.  And for same reason it can not be transferred to my normal agency anymore either.

This was completely new to me.  Is this new or was it always like that ?

37 minutes ago, odysee said:

Tried to make courtesy hold tonight via Celebrity phone call for cruise 14 Nov 2022 (was not possible online).

The Celebrity agent made reservation but was told it expires if not paid by tomorrow as there are no courtesy holds possible after final payment date.  And for same reason it can not be transferred to my normal agency anymore either.

This was completely new to me.  Is this new or was it always like that ?

Got a chuckle.  You already received a 2 day courtesy hold.  That booking can be transferred to your TA BEFORE you pay. Just do it before midnight tomorrow Miami time and do make a screen shot or copy of your booking details.  Your TA then can accept payment.

• Like 1

I believe it has always been similar.   I was able to put one on hole past final payment and have my agent call in the next day and pick up the hold and ticket it.   I had to call  in to give my agent permission to take control of my hold.

As for transfer to agent after Final Payment -  I believe it has always been that way.

Yes it's final payment date for the sailing, not whether or not you have made final payment.  No transfer to the agent after final.  It has always been that way.

I would just call your TA tomorrow and give them the reservation number of the held reservation and let him/her figure it out.  Worst that will happen is you have to get on a 3 way call to release your hold and let the TA make the booking.

I do find it a bit shady that they always seem to have the bonus discount on the weekends when lots of TAs are unavailable.

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I believe it has always been similar.   I was able to put one on hole past final payment and have my agent call in the next day and pick up the hold and ticket it.   I had to call  in to give my agent permission to take control of my hold.

As for transfer to agent after Final Payment -  I believe it has always been that way.

That has been my experience.  No transfer to TA after final payment.