Norwegian Prima’s First US Sailing - Bermuda Short Break *LIVE*

BirdTravels

3 hours ago, 2 Fun Guys said:

Love this comprehensive review, Bird!

Of course, I haven't been there in person, but Syd Norman's looks downright spacious compared to Syd's on the Breakaway. Prima is a smaller ship - perhaps it is proportional?

It only seats 50 people for a ship of over 3000 passengers. Someone was not paying attention to all the design flaws in these entertainment venues. 

Edited by uneamie

23 minutes ago, uneamie said:

Yeah....50 seats for over 3000 passengers!!! :classic_sad:  I really think they made this venue for the Haven only guest but even they may find it hard to reserve a seat. We are on this ship in May. I hope I am not going to regret it. The price is significantly higher than their other ships. 

I am contemplating taking Prima in Feb 2023 or do a comped Royal Caribbean cruise on Symphony or Allure...as you said, price is significantly higher so it has been giving me pause. I have a 20% off coupon that has to be used before May 2023 otherwise I lose it 😞

• Like 1

This is a total WAG on my part but I am starting to wonder if having Syd Normans and The comedy venue being unacceptably small is because there is an intention to have some of the acts/groups there play in the theater instead. At least that is what I am hoping for because their size and the way they are being utilized definitely isn't going to work. To me the theaters on Many/Most of the latest NCL ships have always been underutilized...I  certainly am keeping my fingers crossed that this will happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uneamie said:

It only seats 50 people for a ship of over 3000 passengers. Someone was not paying attention to all the design flaws in these entertainment venues. 

On come on now, but they have a nice race track and a host of virtual games you can play Lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, uneamie said:

15 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

On come on now, but they have a nice race track and a host of virtual games you can play Lol

You're being humorous (I think) but that's really the essence of it - they made choices about how much space to devote to each venue.  There's no way this was just someone not paying attention.  

Every ship cannot be everything to everyone.  People will adjust.  I for one have never been to Syd Norman's so this in no way deters me from sailing Prima.  People who value live entertainment will lean toward other ships.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The Hudson’s Main Dining Room features floor to ceiling aft-facing windows with amazing views. 
43E70E4F-1E8A-4B4E-99CD-C4329122C623.thumb.jpeg.2db5a3fb3656fd71da2e40c44bcdd768.jpeg

01CDE62C-848F-4500-9215-9F12CD459AAA.jpeg

08141749-FABA-4D6F-8568-2CBA1C3A900A.jpeg

7D54A3CD-42C6-417A-950F-A2692DA46670.jpeg

40078495-F230-4E2A-A8EF-803BF58E39F1.jpeg

FF3C2139-20AE-4B4A-8A1B-38A203DEBD05.jpeg

FD2B6043-D7D7-4F18-868F-DF36A4F7CBBE.jpeg

Starting to think that the Hudson's MDR might be the most attractive dining venue on the ship.

Edited by Red-Sol
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

Every ship cannot be everything to everyone.  People will adjust.  I for one have never been to Syd Norman's so this in no way deters me from sailing Prima.  People who value live entertainment will lean toward other ships.

Varied and Quality entertainment has been a strong selling point for NCL. That is something where they can differntiate themselves (at least by a small amount) from many other cruise lines. They probably shouldn't lose that edge and I believe more people than not will consider sailing on Prima based on what they offer to everyone.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

You're being humorous (I think) but that's really the essence of it - they made choices about how much space to devote to each venue.  There's no way this was just someone not paying attention.  

You have to go aboard and see the things they really screwed up on, deck #8 Atrium has the whiskey bar on the port side with beautiful views, the starboard side they placed a jewelry store in front of the windows blocking the view. Should have been another bar placed there.

• Like 5

Great work.  Thank you for giving us a "BIRDTRAVELS  EYES VIEW".   More the most part there appears to be is a lot to like on this new ship.  Because of the smaller sizes of some of the venues it may be necessary to do more planning in order to get everything in.

Restaurants:  Maybe its my inaccurate impression but both of the main dining rooms appear nicer than any of the specialty diners.  I like the idea of the lunch wagon concept to as an offset to the smaller buffet.  Hope it remains free.  In regards to the menus for the main dining room, for the most part it is more than adequate.  I wish they would have included huevos  rancheros on the breakfast menu.  It will be interesting to see how well received the MDR menus with no changes will be.  

Entertainment:  Like the variety of other stuff being offered such as foosball tables, pickle ball court,  the retractable seating to allow for alternative usage in the main theater,  the way they have reworked the waterfront will all the new added features.  Thanks again for the great work and sacrifice that goes in to doing one of these live reports.

Can't wait to book a cruise on the Prima.  It may be a while as we only do one cruise a year.  Would like to do more but our cats throw a walleyed fit when we are away from home for over a week.  Also it will probably be a while until the Prima is eligible to be taken as a 7 star cruise.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the pictures.  I feel as though whoever designed and chose the decorating schemes for the specialty restaurants was trying to make a statement of some sort.  What statement that is, I do not know.

• Haha 1