Norwegian Prima’s First US Sailing - Bermuda Short Break *LIVE*

BirdTravels

10 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

What’s to drink around here?

CDA622D9-4550-4BCE-80D7-6A26394AABF1.thumb.jpeg.d606e22729973715e3d47afc005e2c08.jpeg46DE59AD-4956-404B-AF5C-8CD411906143.thumb.jpeg.1b4a30e871d7bb882d99cb87b9cd48bb.jpeg5D9AA330-4C0C-4D19-B9CC-186647632E4A.thumb.jpeg.57afb8eee583209bb6933b4e03c0f82c.jpeg39EC771D-C5E6-4E46-BC20-BAC22232EB68.thumb.jpeg.1867252c0c11e63b3fe7cbe44559e054.jpeg7C6BEEC8-8B34-47F1-9C06-AC68B9E00003.thumb.jpeg.51756787e7b4fa3b0c2c78c5a2492fa0.jpeg86EDF78E-29B4-4DE4-8890-6EA467109E25.thumb.jpeg.570902ea21972daa095fde1a3bbda509.jpeg

Kind of in a panic, are you telling me (according to my research) that the mojito bar is not on Prima? How have I missed this...omg Idk if I can sail NCL without a raspberry mojito...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Again, this is the same on cruise lines with big ships. You have a reservation system for crowd control. You have big venues like a theater. And small venues like a comedy club. Even for the main theaters, ice rinks, and Aqua theaters, there are never enough seats (like the titanic) if every single passenger wanted to go. 

So, this is how most cruise ships work. Like it or not. This is not just the Prima. 

Just like there is insufficient capacity if every guest wanted to ride Dumbo at Disneyland.  

Yeah but most large ships don't only seat 50 or 100 people in their main clubs. And then have almost all of those seats pre reserved by Haven guests. Everyone cruises for different reasons but from what I've read in many reviews I'm not interested at all in this ship. I'll stick to Breakaway class. Maybe things will change over time but I'm really surprised ar some of the decisions NCL made on this ship.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Kind of in a panic, are you telling me (according to my research) that the mojito bar is not on Prima? How have I missed this...omg Idk if I can sail NCL without a raspberry mojito...

I believe there was some discussion on one of the other Prima report threads a week or two ago about the lack of a mojito bar and maybe what the other bars were able to come up with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Aubrey...no mojito bar and no ingredients to make it elsewhere. Sounds silly but the lack of some of my favorite cocktails put a small damper on my sailing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Aubrey...no mojito bar and no ingredients to make it elsewhere. Sounds silly but the lack of some of my favorite cocktails put a small damper on my sailing.

Yes exactly...it shouldn't matter so much, but that is so sad they couldn't put it on the Prima. I refuse to believe it's because Sugarcane wasn't a popular venue on other ships. 

Did you end up finding anything you liked as much?

2 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

52 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

I believe there was some discussion on one of the other Prima report threads a week or two ago about the lack of a mojito bar and maybe what the other bars were able to come up with.

30 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Mojitos are a huge PITA to make for bartenders, so it's probably a streamlining choice. TBH, it seems the direction NCL is going in, operations-wise, especially 60%+ of their passengers are sailing with the beverage package included. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

Mojitos are a huge PITA to make for bartenders, so it's probably a streamlining choice. TBH, it seems the direction NCL is going in, operations-wise, especially 60%+ of their passengers are sailing with the beverage package included. 

We found only one bar that would make a pistachio martini and that was down at the Penrose on deck #6, most of the bars had a list of drinks that could be made and didn't deviate from that list 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nferr said:

Yeah but most large ships don't only seat 50 or 100 people in their main clubs. And then have almost all of those seats pre reserved by Haven guests. Everyone cruises for different reasons but from what I've read in many reviews I'm not interested at all in this ship. I'll stick to Breakaway class. Maybe things will change over time but I'm really surprised ar some of the decisions NCL made on this ship.

I have also been following all of the reviews so far, and I feel the same way.   

• Like 1

Having been in the Social and Syd Norman's/The Cavern Club on both the Encore and Breakaway, I'm wondering how good people's memories are. If any of those venues hold 100 people, I'd be shocked, and if by some chance it is over 100, it isn't by much. And those ships hold 1000 more passengers each. I don't recall this much complaining about them on threads pertaining to those ships.

Same thing with these arguments over the menu. People love the never-changing menu at the Haven, but it's an "epic fail" in the MDR? Please...

No ship will be everything to all people. No such thing. But the vitriol aimed at this ship is crazy - especially since almost no one has even been on it yet.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Truly a first world problem.  But, free is free.  Should be an easy decision.

should be but dying to go on Prima haha. And yes I know it's a first world problem, I mean this is a vacation/cruise forum...so that should go unsaid. 

• Like 4

We are going on the October 31 cruise and really looking forward to it. I would love for it to have a martini bar and martini tastings etc. but there are so many new and different things on this ship we are just looking forward to having a change in atmosphere and trying all of the new restaurants etc.  I am really looking forward to the infinity pools too.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

We were unsuccessful in our quest for a blueberry mojito. We were in the Haven last month and the bartenders started preparing them as they saw us coming. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, nferr said:

The Bird was on the Wonder of the Seas recently. It was the newest cruise ship earlier this year and still the biggest. With nearly double the capacity of the Prima, her comedy club was not whole heck of a lot bigger. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 2 Fun Guys said:

Having been in the Social and Syd Norman's/The Cavern Club on both the Encore and Breakaway, I'm wondering how good people's memories are. If any of those venues hold 100 people, I'd be shocked, and if by some chance it is over 100, it isn't by much. And those ships hold 1000 more passengers each. I don't recall this much complaining about them on threads pertaining to those ships.

Same thing with these arguments over the menu. People love the never-changing menu at the Haven, but it's an "epic fail" in the MDR? Please...

No ship will be everything to all people. No such thing. But the vitriol aimed at this ship is crazy - especially since almost no one has even been on it yet.

Spent 12 days on her, as I said before you need to see what they came up with, cabins are great ( biggest cabin, outside the Haven we ever had ), loved the menu in the MDR and the Hudson MDR could have been a specialty restaurant with all the windows / décor. I didn't understand at first when the first reports came out but after seeing / experiencing the final product, I was truly disappointed in some of their decisions. Here is one example, why would place Cagney's on deck #6, limited the seating and have no outdoor seating but give extra room to Los Lobos and have outside eating for that restaurant? Almost every night Cagney's was packed and Los Lobos was almost empty.  

• Like 1

Yes,,, if you are looking for al fresco dining, there is Los Lobos, Onda, and Palomar. Ok,,, the Seaside buffet, The Local and Indulge Food Hall have tables outside, too. 

That is, in part because it was important to put big windows in the Whiskey Bar. 

35390A6E-BD70-4035-828A-371538AA850A.jpeg

75FDC46D-5FF2-40F6-9426-812F870B4F3B.jpeg

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Again, this is the same on cruise lines with big ships. You have a reservation system for crowd control. You have big venues like a theater. And small venues like a comedy club. Even for the main theaters, ice rinks, and Aqua theaters, there are never enough seats (like the titanic) if every single passenger wanted to go. 

So, this is how most cruise ships work. Like it or not. This is not just the Prima. 

Just like there is insufficient capacity if every guest wanted to ride Dumbo at Disneyland.  

And again....I am simply responding to all the complaints I've read so far of people who cruised on Prima. I don't think anyone expects that the ship accommodate the entire ship of passengers. Maybe you missed some of those reviews. They all said the same thing so that's all I have to go by. Personally, I can live without seeing the main shows...I've never been blown away by any of them but I do like going to the comedy clubs so 50 seats for over 3000 people makes it unlikely we will get lucky. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nferr said:

Exactly....the Haven's priority is one of the problems and reasons why there's not much left for the rest of us. So move the venues up to Haven deck and be done with it. ha! 

• Like 2

Bird, what is the best way to reserve shows when you are staying in the Haven? Nothing is open online for entertainment, just dining. Do you recommend having the Haven concierge book the shows at embarkation? Or will entertainment open up online closer to the sail date? We are cruising in December.  Thank you!