Will be on Allure for the first time in Feb. Owners Suite Pros and Cons?

Been in three OS on Oasis, Allure, and Oasis. Only con was the distance to the SL/CK.  The shower is a little small for such a big cabin, but I can live with it.  The balcony is amazing as is the living/dining area.  You will be spoiled and never want anything else again.  We have an OS on the Wonder next month and I'm interested to see how it compares since it's on the same floor as SL/CK.   

• Like 1

Just an FYI for those that have not sailed on Celebrity Edge class their suites (was in a Sky Suite on Apex) has a nice bigger than most walk-in shower (no tub) and very nice bathroom and room layout. So, we are looking forward to trying the Oasis class for the first time. Also, as we live in Houston so easy to go out of Galveston, particularly with the new port for Allure opening next month. It should have all the bells and whistles for Suite guests as X does for Retreat guests. But, as some have said here, the port are ones we've been to a number of times, so we'll likely just stay on to enjoy the ship! 

Any other feedback. i.e. the restaurants onboard, some favorites and some not so?

On 10/10/2022 at 6:19 PM, island lady said:

OMG...I have to deal with "Scotty Beam me up" canister shower on the WC...with shower curtain.  Yuck!!   Yup, would rather have that tiny OS shower indeed.  😉 

Spa shower😉

24 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Just an FYI for those that have not sailed on Celebrity Edge class their suites (was in a Sky Suite on Apex) has a nice bigger than most walk-in shower (no tub) and very nice bathroom and room layout. So, we are looking forward to trying the Oasis class for the first time. Also, as we live in Houston so easy to go out of Galveston, particularly with the new port for Allure opening next month. It should have all the bells and whistles for Suite guests as X does for Retreat guests. But, as some have said here, the port are ones we've been to a number of times, so we'll likely just stay on to enjoy the ship! 

Any other feedback. i.e. the restaurants onboard, some favorites and some not so?

Izumi and Giovanni's are nice. 

Vintages for Tapas

Mama Mia is fantastic. Sit up front if you can

On 10/10/2022 at 5:48 PM, cruiselvr04 said:

The DH likes to ring the doorbell every time we open the door just because he can.  Lol.  

My favorite is the separate tub and shower. 

Just because he can doesn't mean he should...we had ******** ringing ours all the time...wasn't just young kids either... some people need to grow up

1 hour ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Just because he can doesn't mean he should...we had ******** ringing ours all the time...wasn't just young kids either... some people need to grow up

I apologize...I read your statement wrong...hope your hubby has fun ringing all of your own doorbells...my bad

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2022 at 1:54 PM, Scoobydobe7 said:

It's funny all three times in an OS we never had anybody ring our door bell.  Plus, I thought I read somewhere that there's a switch to turn it off; can't really recall if there is.  Wait, we did have a couple of friends ring the bell, we just didn't answer the door.  

35 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

It's funny all three times in an OS we never had anybody ring our door bell.  Plus, I thought I read somewhere that there's a switch to turn it off; can't really recall if there is.  Wait, we did have a couple of friends ring the bell, we just didn't answer the door.  

In June ours rang a minimum of 5 times a day...we would open the door and they were mostly kids but adults thought it was funny too....if we ever stay in a suite with a doorbell we will have it disconnected..Did not know that was an option..

On 10/10/2022 at 6:12 PM, island lady said:

I and especially Bucky...dislike the separate shower.  We think it is too small.  The tub on the side...wasted space IMHO.  Would rather have a larger walk in shower.  

Me too! We had an Owner's Suite once on Oasis and I was like "Oh, no, not the tube shower", 😆 so now we just do Grand suite on Oasis class. I hate those little showers.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Katems75 said:

Please enlighten me on the doorbell!  Why

does the suite have one and why would it even need one?  It's got to still be small enough that one can knock, yes?

Interestingly enough you can hear the doorbell if you are on your balcony but could not hear someone knocking. Or at least my wife heard it when they delivered some cookies and again when they delivered a fruit plate to us. 

2 hours ago, JDPCruisers said:

Do you feel like it's to many people on the Oasis class or the ship so large you don't have that feeling?

My wife was totally against the larger ships because of this.   I finally convinced her to give the Harmony a whirl.  she loved it, and now she wants to do the larger ships more often.