Wifi and elite minutes

Sandy1975

Hi everyone,  I willbe sailing g on Apex out of Fort Lauderdale in November.  It is the first time I'm sailing since I reached elite. I purchased the cheapest wifi but I'm curious how my elite minutes will work. I read here that I can use my elite minutes and also use the discount to apply to the internet package. Is that correct or did I misunderstand that? If I'm incorrect,  should I just but the wifi onboard after my minutes are used? I'm trying to figure out a strategy for internet. Also, I have the cruise only price and not interested in doing all inclusive. Thanks

2 minutes ago, Sandy1975 said:

Hi everyone,  I willbe sailing g on Apex out of Fort Lauderdale in November.  It is the first time I'm sailing since I reached elite. I purchased the cheapest wifi but I'm curious how my elite minutes will work. I read here that I can use my elite minutes and also use the discount to apply to the internet package. Is that correct or did I misunderstand that? If I'm incorrect,  should I just but the wifi onboard after my minutes are used? I'm trying to figure out a strategy for internet. Also, I have the cruise only price and not interested in doing all inclusive. Thanks

You are correct and you can use both -  They will give you the option in the App when you create your Wifi LogIn.   They will also have someone in the Internet shop to help but usually on the first day there are huge lines.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sandy1975 said:

You get 90 minutes of high speed wifi per person as elite.  You can also get a small discount.  The cheapest way is to see how many days you can make your Elite minutes last then buy a package for the remaining days if you are not a heavy user.  Remember free WI-FI in almost every port.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You get 90 minutes of high speed wifi per person as elite.  You can also get a small discount.  The cheapest way is to see how many days you can make your Elite minutes last then buy a package for the remaining days if you are not a heavy user.  Remember free WI-FI in almost every port.

Thanks,  that is what I was thinking. I will probably cancel the purchase and go day by day

We are on Reflection now and were told by staff in ilounge we had to use up our Elite Plus minutes first before we could use our Always Included voyage plan minutes. We're told that if we signed up for the Voyage Plan minutes first we would forfeit the Elite Plus minutes entirely. Hardly seems fair.

This wasn't the case this spring. 

I have been told on several ships that you have to use elite plus minutes before using the free minutes. On one of our cruises used the minutes first because they are for the fast internet and could watch a game and use FaceTime.. Then I used the all internet, regular speed rest of cruise.

10 hours ago, odysee said:

Is there a difference between Elite minute and alway included minute, eg re speed,  accessibility, wider range etc ?

Yes.  The free minutes are the Premium Wifi and often the free  AIC the minutes are the basic wifi.

Maybe One spouse could initially sign up for the Elite Plus minutes and the other the unlimited or some combination of that.