Main Dining Reservations and Entertainment Reservations

Hi Everyone

Im selecting My Time Dining reservation times for MDR and Solarium date/time and adding to my cart . It says $0.00. Is this the right way to properly reserve time slots?

Also where can I see if I originally chose my time dining or a set time? The only option Im seeing is My Time Dining. I've read with this option that even with a reservation, there can still be quite a wait. Is it better to choose the same time each night?

Im 45 days out from cruising and its still not letting me reserve entertainment. Does this usually allow 30 days out?

Edited by TRAVELBUGCRUISER

• TRAVELBUGCRUISER changed the title to Main Dining Reservations and Entertainment Reservations
8 minutes ago, TRAVELBUGCRUISER said:

Hi Everyone

Im selecting My Time Dining reservation times for MDR and Solarium date/time and adding to my cart . It says $0.00. Is this the right way to properly reserve time slots?

Also where can I see if I originally chose my time dining or a set time? The only option Im seeing is My Time Dining. I've read with this option that even with a reservation, there can still be quite a wait. Is it better to choose the same time each night?

Im 45 days out from cruising and its still not letting me reserve entertainment. Does this usually allow 30 days out?

Yes this is the right way... If you had chosen traditional dining MTD would not show up on your cruise planner.  There is no longer any pre-cruise entertainment reservations required.  Everything is done on app once you board the ship and are hooked to their wifi.

If you want to switch to Traditional dining you can call Royal and ask to switch.   Usually first seating is 5 or 5:30 and 2nd seating is 8 or 8:30 with traditional dining.   

Or you can stick with My time dining and book whatever times you want.    

Yes there have been long waits with MTD for some ships.    Yes you can pick to go the same time every night.    Then on night 1 if you like the table location and wait staff you can ask the Head Waiter or the Host/Hostess (maitre d') if you can keep that same table same time for the rest of the cruise.