Travel Documents on Medallion App

sissy2000

I have been trying to enter the information on the Medallion App for our upcoming cruise in January.   It accepts all of  my husband's information just fine and has moved him to "Green Lane".  It will NOT accept my Travel Documents.  I have entered the information manually and scanned my passport.  Is there a "secret" I know nothing about?  Does it really matter if I am "blue lane" as long as my husband is "green lane"?   Can call Princess, but dread the hold and thought someone might have a quick solution.

1 hour ago, sissy2000 said:

I have been trying to enter the information on the Medallion App for our upcoming cruise in January.   It accepts all of  my husband's information just fine and has moved him to "Green Lane".  It will NOT accept my Travel Documents.  I have entered the information manually and scanned my passport.  Is there a "secret" I know nothing about?  Does it really matter if I am "blue lane" as long as my husband is "green lane"?   Can call Princess, but dread the hold and thought someone might have a quick solution.

It really doesn’t matter, the port will check your documents anyway.

However, I would check your personal information and documents…

Check if your phone number with the

+1 (if your in the US) is in there, your address, etc.  If there is something missing, you won’t have a green check in all the categories.

Did you order your Ocean Medallion? 
Just go through the process anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

It really doesn’t matter, the port will check your documents anyway.

However, I would check your personal information and documents…

Check if your phone number with the

+1 (if your in the US) is in there, your address, etc.  If there is something missing, you won’t have a green check in all the categories.

Did you order your Ocean Medallion? 
Just go through the process anyway.

Also scanning your passport could put your middle name in and it does not like that.

just before our recent cruise they updated the app & it messed up my sister's DOB so nothing would work until I called & they reset it 

but if you don't get it to work don't stress...they will help you at the port, the one time we were blue (last minute booking) it was not really any slower than when we have been green (although we are early boarders, might be slower if you are arriving with the crowds)

• Like 1

We have completed the full list of documents and been green on our last 3 cruises.  For all three, the shoreside staff did not use the QR code or anything we had input.  They still scanned the passport and looked at our hard copy documents.  I don't see why we should go to all the trouble of completing the app documents when they are not even used.

• Like 3

Thank you for input!  I will check my phone number to be sure it has the +1.  I just did not know if it would slow down our boarding or  not, but sounds like it is not a big deal.  Yes, have order the Medallions.

Edited by sissy2000

22 minutes ago, sissy2000 said:

Thank you for input!  I will check my phone number to be sure it has the +1.  I just did not know if it would slow down our boarding or  not, but sounds like it is not a big deal.  Yes, have order the Medallions.

Based only on my own experience, I think it might slow you down a bit. If you feel like having another go at it, remove your middle name. I recently renewed my passport, and the form on the app simply wouldn't take it with my middle name in there. You don't say what the error message you get says and that ought to tell you which part of the form isn't good to go. Also, you might check to see if there are any empty spaces before or after your info. A properly coded form ought to strip those out, but sometime that doesn't happen and sometimes that causes problems.

4 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Based only on my own experience, I think it might slow you down a bit. If you feel like having another go at it, remove your middle name. I recently renewed my passport, and the form on the app simply wouldn't take it with my middle name in there. You don't say what the error message you get says and that ought to tell you which part of the form isn't good to go. Also, you might check to see if there are any empty spaces before or after your info. A properly coded form ought to strip those out, but sometime that doesn't happen and sometimes that causes problems.

Actually, there is no error message.  When I tell it to Save, it just goes back and shows as incomplete.  I tried entering the information manually and then tried scanning.  It just continues to show incomplete.  I will probably need to call--just dreaded the hold time!

Just now, sissy2000 said:

Actually, there is no error message.  When I tell it to Save, it just goes back and shows as incomplete.  I tried entering the information manually and then tried scanning.  It just continues to show incomplete.  I will probably need to call--just dreaded the hold time!

When I was trying to get my renewed passport in there, I got an error message telling me that I needed to enter a valid first name. Sounds like you're having a totally different problem. Good luck with that!

I encountered same problem....could not get my Travel Documents info to be accepted through Medallion app on my iphone.  I was able to do other parts, but reached an impasse with the Travel Documents.  My husband had no problem entering his info through the Medallion app on his phone.

I noticed I was listed on his app as a travel companion, so tapped on my photo there and proceeded to the Travel Documents section where I was able to enter my info.  All was accepted through and then immediately after that I saw all my Travel Documents info filled in automatically on my iphone's Medallion app and next I saw I went from Blue Lane to Green Lane.  It was weird how that happened....but got it done!  So, if your husband's phone shows you listed as his travel companion, try to enter your info there through his Medallion app. Hope this helps!

Edited by Nautigal
to add Blue Lane to Green lane

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 3:20 PM, Nautigal said:

I encountered same problem....could not get my Travel Documents info to be accepted through Medallion app on my iphone.  I was able to do other parts, but reached an impasse with the Travel Documents.  My husband had no problem entering his info through the Medallion app on his phone.

I noticed I was listed on his app as a travel companion, so tapped on my photo there and proceeded to the Travel Documents section where I was able to enter my info.  All was accepted through and then immediately after that I saw all my Travel Documents info filled in automatically on my iphone's Medallion app and next I saw I went from Blue Lane to Green Lane.  It was weird how that happened....but got it done!  So, if your husband's phone shows you listed as his travel companion, try to enter your info there through his Medallion app. Hope this helps!

Same here. I just used our IPad. I could have used my wife's phone also by just tapping my name. After that everything showed good on my phone.

On 10/18/2022 at 9:46 AM, sissy2000 said:

make sure you put phone number in cell phone number line. 

1 hour ago, Heyref said:

(Stupid) question:

once you have the green lane, are you good to go?

Do we still print out cruise boarding passes, or is that now a thing of the past?

I don't need no stinkin passes.  Will simply show up.  Was told just have a confirmation and the app with green lane 

6 hours ago, Heyref said:

(Stupid) question:

Do we still print out cruise boarding passes, or is that now a thing of the past?

When we checked in for the Sky at PE three days ago, nobody looked at anything except our passports. Since we were already green lane, they had all they needed in the "system". No boarding passes any more, theoretically that's what the QR code is for, but, again, nobody wanted to see even that.

On 11/14/2022 at 10:33 PM, Heyref said:

(Stupid) question:

You don't need anything but your medallion and your passport.

On 11/14/2022 at 10:33 PM, Heyref said:

(Stupid) question:

You don't need anything but your medallion and your padsport