Concierge vs basic balcony question on the reflection

dis2cruise

The cabin on S class ships is the same whether you are in concierge class or a standard verandah.  So with concierge class, the extra you are paying for is just the few extra amenities (like embarkation day lunch).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dis2cruise said:

I know when you book the concierge you get complementary lunch the first day. But what about the cabin itself is 

the cabins larger or the balconies larger than a basic balcony?

Only on the M class ships are the cabins bigger (squarer really). On S class all the same.

Typically the concierge cabin location tends to a more "preferred" location.  I use quotes - because preferred location is obviously very subjective.

But for S-Class as others have said - Same Size room and balcony.

• Like 1

The daily canapés seem to be plucked from the buffet and I always tell my steward on the first day to not bring them when staying concierge/AQ.  Even if in an inside room you can request your steward bring a daily afternoon plate of cheese and fruit.

We used to book concierge cabin on deck 12, 2169 or 2171. For us it is about location. One deck up to food and pool. I like this location better on the other S Class ships. One deck up to food and right out to the pool. Easy to bring lunch back to the large covered deck.

• Like 1

In addition to the above-listed Concierge perks, they also feature a departure lounge on Disembarkation day that has caffeine drinks and pastries.  On Reflection last November, it was on Deck 4 of the Main Dining Room.  It's a nice way to wait for your disembarkation group number to be called.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just got off the 11/27 sailing of Reflection in Concierge Class cabin.

We are Captain's Club Elite Plus on Celebrity and this was our first return to Celebrity since the beginning of the pandemic.  Our last Celebrity was shortly before the pandemic on the Millennium with an Asia itinerary.  I mention this only because even in 2019 we found that what Celebrity promoted as amenities and services found in Concierge Class did not materialize.

One might ask -- So why would you book in Concierge Class again?  Reason - The online marketing was different and we had high hopes that Celebrity would have corrected past issues.  Well we were wrong and Celebrity continues to print amenities and services that do not exist and even those that do exist are below expectations.

But first the ship - Reflection - is being well maintained and there is a great Captain and crew.  Overall the ship looks good and our cabin was clean.  The general restaurant staff tries but the food and menu need work.  We heard a good deal of negative comments.  We did not go to any of the speciality restaurants.  The Oceanview Cafe definitely has a lot to offer with different themes, but somehow it is easy to walk around and not find anything appetizing.

The Celebrity singers and dancers are just okay and one should truly feel bad for them because the three shows are not good.  There are better high school and college theater productions than the material these singers and dancers have been given to perform.

A very concerning challenge while on the cruise was ship accounting.  After the first day we vegan having charges of zero on the account from bars.  These were not our charges but as a Captain's Club Elite Plus we get so many drinks and coffees at no charge.  When I asked the why and how was someone placing charges on our account I was told by Guest Relations staff - Why did I care especially since it was a zero charge.  Finally, the response was that at times the bartenders either get rushed or want to give a guest a drink so they find an account with either a drink package or Captain's Club to charge the inventory as a zero.  When I further asked to have these charges removed, I was informed no one knew how to delete even a zero charge.

Now back to Concierge Class that does not exist or does not meet expectations marketed....
On Reflection the square footage of a Concierge Class cabin is no different than a Veranda cabin.  The differences are services, amenities, and stateroom features as listed on a card placed in the cabin.  The problems are 1) that the stateroom feature - a special massage showerhead - does not exist in any cabin; 2) some amenities do not exists, such as stating "plush" 100% cotton towels -- this same statement is made for a general cabin, so the expectation is that in Concierge Class there must be an even better plush towel, but there is not.  Housekeeping said yes in the suite class; 3) the robes provided in our cabin were old and thread bare; 4) Enhanced room service menu - not in our cabin and even the room service menu on the TV screen was greater.  They did send a Enhanced menu but only provided the restricted door hanger order form; and 5) the Daily Delectable Delight was a sad excuse but even possibly worst was always served with one fork for 2 guests.

There are more and more that could be said and pointed out, but the bottom line is that unless you need a shoeshine (we didn't make that request) there is absolutely no true benefit or reason to pay the extra cost of Concierge Class on this series of ships.  It appears on the newer Edge series there is a larger square footage cabin.

While on this cruise we did consider booking a future Celebrity sailing but decided not at this time since answers to existing problems could not be resolved.

20221129_181839.jpg

20221129_181631.jpg

20221129_175716.jpg

20221129_175555.jpg

20221128_150016.jpg

20221201_144552.jpg

20221130_154255.jpg

20221202_144808.jpg

20221203_153542.jpg

• Thanks 1

The so-called Concierge Class lunch on the boarding day may be a nice thing, but only if you board well before 2PM.  The lunch was from around 12:30 to 2 PM.  The time we selected to board was 1:30 to 2 PM.  If Celebrity had notified prior to boarding there was a special lunch and the time we would have scheduled earlier to board. 

Beware of the Concierge idea on Celebrity.  Unless you are getting a larger square foot cabin, there is truly no benefit to paying more for absolutely nothing.  If you are already a Captain's Club member you have a good chance of being invited to the helipad for a sail away party. 

On 12/4/2022 at 9:25 PM, jeffkfll said:

Just got off the 11/27 sailing of Reflection in Concierge Class cabin.

We are Captain's Club Elite Plus on Celebrity and this was our first return to Celebrity since the beginning of the pandemic.  Our last Celebrity was shortly before the pandemic on the Millennium with an Asia itinerary.  I mention this only because even in 2019 we found that what Celebrity promoted as amenities and services found in Concierge Class did not materialize.

One might ask -- So why would you book in Concierge Class again?  Reason - The online marketing was different and we had high hopes that Celebrity would have corrected past issues.  Well we were wrong and Celebrity continues to print amenities and services that do not exist and even those that do exist are below expectations.

But first the ship - Reflection - is being well maintained and there is a great Captain and crew.  Overall the ship looks good and our cabin was clean.  The general restaurant staff tries but the food and menu need work.  We heard a good deal of negative comments.  We did not go to any of the speciality restaurants.  The Oceanview Cafe definitely has a lot to offer with different themes, but somehow it is easy to walk around and not find anything appetizing.

The Celebrity singers and dancers are just okay and one should truly feel bad for them because the three shows are not good.  There are better high school and college theater productions than the material these singers and dancers have been given to perform.

A very concerning challenge while on the cruise was ship accounting.  After the first day we vegan having charges of zero on the account from bars.  These were not our charges but as a Captain's Club Elite Plus we get so many drinks and coffees at no charge.  When I asked the why and how was someone placing charges on our account I was told by Guest Relations staff - Why did I care especially since it was a zero charge.  Finally, the response was that at times the bartenders either get rushed or want to give a guest a drink so they find an account with either a drink package or Captain's Club to charge the inventory as a zero.  When I further asked to have these charges removed, I was informed no one knew how to delete even a zero charge.

Now back to Concierge Class that does not exist or does not meet expectations marketed....
On Reflection the square footage of a Concierge Class cabin is no different than a Veranda cabin.  The differences are services, amenities, and stateroom features as listed on a card placed in the cabin.  The problems are 1) that the stateroom feature - a special massage showerhead - does not exist in any cabin; 2) some amenities do not exists, such as stating "plush" 100% cotton towels -- this same statement is made for a general cabin, so the expectation is that in Concierge Class there must be an even better plush towel, but there is not.  Housekeeping said yes in the suite class; 3) the robes provided in our cabin were old and thread bare; 4) Enhanced room service menu - not in our cabin and even the room service menu on the TV screen was greater.  They did send a Enhanced menu but only provided the restricted door hanger order form; and 5) the Daily Delectable Delight was a sad excuse but even possibly worst was always served with one fork for 2 guests.

There are more and more that could be said and pointed out, but the bottom line is that unless you need a shoeshine (we didn't make that request) there is absolutely no true benefit or reason to pay the extra cost of Concierge Class on this series of ships.  It appears on the newer Edge series there is a larger square footage cabin.

While on this cruise we did consider booking a future Celebrity sailing but decided not at this time since answers to existing problems could not be resolved.

20221129_181839.jpg

20221129_181631.jpg

20221129_175716.jpg

20221129_175555.jpg

20221128_150016.jpg

20221201_144552.jpg

20221130_154255.jpg

20221202_144808.jpg

20221203_153542.jpg

So you’d recommend it then? 😂. All about opinions and I am sure your review will help many people, we on the other hand like concierge rooms and will continue to book them, deck 10 near the lifts perfect for us.  We also love zero charges on our bill, don’t care at all if the list runs to 1000s as long as the sun total at the bottom of it is a big round nothing owed! 

• Like 2