Tux on NYE cruise

bozemanman

Just curious if anyone wears a Tuxedo on the NYE cruises....or what the percentage might be. Also...I am surprising DW with a renewal of the vows on that 9 day cruise- anybody have an idea what day the ceremony might be performed? I do understand it is at the Captain's discretion. BTW schedule is sea day 1st full day, NYE 3rd day (port), and last 2 days sea days.

It will vary by the length of the cruise and itinerary.

Longer the cruise the more in formal dress.  Caribbean less formal.than Europe. 

I have a top hat and tails.  No way in heck will I pack them on a cruise.  On a Christmas/NYE cruise this year.  Will pack very nice sports coat/2pr of dress slacks/dress shirts and my tacky Christmas tie.

Guessing about 1/3 will be in formal dress - suit and tie or better.

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

It will vary by the length of the cruise and itinerary.

Longer the cruise the more in formal dress.  Caribbean less formal.than Europe. 

I have a top hat and tails.  No way in heck will I pack them on a cruise.  On a Christmas/NYE cruise this year.  Will pack very nice sports coat/2pr of dress slacks/dress shirts and my tacky Christmas tie.

Guessing about 1/3 will be in formal dress - suit and tie or better.

I'm glad you will have a Christmas tie!!

2 minutes ago, BetsyS. said:

I'm glad you will have a Christmas tie!!

I was gifted a pair of Jos A Banks Christmas socks (must have cost quite a bit for a pair of socks).  But, I wouldn't ever consider wearing such with my best Tux.  

Well...we will drive to the port.... I rarely get to wear it....so I will be donning my Tux (it's not top hat and tails) thanks for your responses, I was just curious if I would be a rare specimen but it doesn't really matter because my DW and I will enjoy it.....anybody have experience with renew of vows? and whether sea day or? is it just before dinner?...would love to wear the Tux for that pic.

Edited by bozemanman
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, bozemanman said:

anybody have experience with renew of vows? and whether sea day or? is it just before dinner?

I have observed these being held and they have been in the afternoon.  But, so what about the time?  Dress as you wish!  

• Like 2