Health Protocols OPT Sydney

13 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

The problem I have uncle Les ,is I have a 2:00PM check in but I have to be in sydney a 9:00 AM for something and that’s only going to take a half hour.

So I’ll probably be a circular quay at 10.

Maybe I’ll just drop a few names like Graham and BIG GAV ,what do you recon ??

Do you think I will get the ??

10am might be a bit early for a couple of schooners at the Ship Inn if your name dropping doesn't work 🙂 . Maybe you can try one of Les' big breakfasts at City Extra or visit Pancakes on the Rocks for a pre-cruise feed.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You could be boarding at 4pm if you mention the Gurus. lol.

Why not fill in the time, with a ferry ride and lunch over to Watsons Bay or Manly?  Then return to OPT @ 2pm.

8 minutes ago, mr walker said:

10am might be a bit early for a couple of schooners at the Ship Inn if your name dropping doesn't work 🙂 . Maybe you can try one of Les' big breakfasts at City Extra or visit Pancakes on the Rocks for a pre-cruise feed.

Used to be able to drop your bags after 8:00 PM.

Probably drop my bags about 10- 10 :30 and go for a walk .

If I push my luck that red carpet may take a right hand turn for some extra, extra speshel  attention.

image.jpeg.b2f1dfe1210113ce5c62bea77cdd31c6.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Yes  ,Royal Caribbean and celebrity .

And what time do they start check in ?

Also what the earliest you can drop you bag?

Once again,  check in start time is a little dependant on what time the ship clears the last of the debarking pax. Elevenish is a normal anticipated start time  and luggage drop off starts around eight,  eight thirty.  We have only had one ship this season and because the cruise originated outside Australia there was a need for a face to face border security process which takes a lot longer than a normal Sydney / Sydney cruise. Current covid clearance protocols may also affect how long a debark takes but until things “ settle down” I cannot say with any certainty if these times are accurate

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

You could be boarding at 4pm if you mention the Gurus. lol.

Why not fill in the time, with a ferry ride and lunch over to Watsons Bay or Manly?  Then return to OPT @ 2pm.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

The problem I have uncle Les ,is I have a 2:00PM check in but I have to be in sydney a 9:00 AM for something and that’s only going to take a half hour.

So I’ll probably be a circular quay at 10.

Maybe I’ll just drop a few names like Graham and BIG GAV ,what do you recon ??

Do you think I will get the ??

image.jpeg.77b492d162ea4cfec377bf08a58be805.jpeg

You will certainly have no problem dropping your luggage off at 10am but as I have said, check in could be a different story, best idea is just ask when you drop your bags off, they can only say no. You can drop my name if you like . ( I wont warn them that you are coming 😂😂😂) When are you sailing?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Once again,  check in start time is a little dependant on what time the ship clears the last of the debarking pax. Elevenish is a normal anticipated start time  and luggage drop off starts around eight,  eight thirty.  We have only had one ship this season and because the cruise originated outside Australia there was a need for a face to face border security process which takes a lot longer than a normal Sydney / Sydney cruise. Current covid clearance protocols may also affect how long a debark takes but until things “ settle down” I cannot say with any certainty if these times are accurate

Spot on there Graham, look what occurred last week with Majestic Princess at the OPT, bio security etc.

There were long delays in disembarkation and embarkation. As reported by Senor Geoff ArxCards in the Majestic thread.

19 hours ago, NSWP said:

Spot on there Graham, look what occurred last week with Majestic Princess at the OPT, bio security etc.

There were long delays in disembarkation and embarkation. As reported by Senor Geoff ArxCards in the Majestic thread.

19 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Will be on Ovation Nov 26th sailing to NZ, any idea if she sail with reduced capacity or 100% Graham? Can't come quick enough. 😃

19 hours ago, gbenjo said:

You will certainly have no problem dropping your luggage off at 10am but as I have said, check in could be a different story, best idea is just ask when you drop your bags off, they can only say no. You can drop my name if you like . ( I wont warn them that you are coming 😂😂😂) When are you sailing?

The 16th.

A couple of more questions Graham, I know how you love questions.

The email from Royal Caribbean says a RAT 24 hours before boarding must be presented.
Does that mean I have to take the RAT to the terminal?

E7764824-193A-44B7-8716-362C7E99A706.thumb.jpeg.06deb848473480ed29e38a2430a13fae.jpeg

And the last question and I will be out of your hair.

For travel to the islands and N.Z is the commonwealth vaccination certificate good enough or do we have to get a International certificate?

Thanks if you can answer those questions that are specific to Royal Caribbean and Celebrity.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

The 16th.

The email from Royal Caribbean says a RAT 24 hours before boarding must be presented.

E7764824-193A-44B7-8716-362C7E99A706.thumb.jpeg.06deb848473480ed29e38a2430a13fae.jpeg

For travel to the islands and N.Z is the commonwealth vaccination certificate good enough or do we have to get a International certificate?

Thanks if you can answer those questions that are specific to Royal Caribbean and Celebrity.

You'd probably take a photo of the RAT result and take that to the terminal, wouldn't you?

Also, the International vax certificate is free and easy to get. Good to have. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

The 16th.

Only take the RAT to the terminal if  it is in a cage. ( I am sure though, that will find something to eat on the ship.🤔🤔. ( That’s  the 🌶 answer)

A dated photo of your Rat will suffice.

A Commonwealth issued vaccination certificate is all you will need for  NZ or the islands.

If you want to “ discuss” your embarkation time with me you could email me gbenjo@westnet .com.au  (wink wink.)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

4,000 people will a pet  RAT in a cage ,you might be on to something here Graham.

I would really cut fuel costs.

image.gif.0b64de59e9535178346ecf5458c7fd31.gif

Isn’t that a mouse though ?

Can you message me, I have some info for you re the 16th