Celebrity 'Beyond'... "The Club" after midnight... modern dance music? DJ?

taras333

On one of the board reviews it said, " 'The Club'...turns into a nightclub after midnight."  

Love Celebrity for the great food and service, but one of the downsides has always been that everything seemed to get very 'sleepy' late night... also that the lounge music was a little old fashioned (you can only listen to jazz duos and violins so much).   There were no more fun DISCO like on cruises in the 1980's and 1990's... or like up in RCCL's infamous 'Crown Lounge'. 

We are not our grandparents...lol. Although cruisers like me are already in my mid-50's I grew up on alt dance music... groups like Depeche Mode... we listened to techno and fun dance music,  house, hip hop, etc. Figure at some point the entertainment directors on Celebrity would cater to those in my age group and musical tastes, and get something going at night in one of the venues.  

Anyone who's been on Beyond, can you confirm what you found in 'The Club' after midnight... Thanks!   🙂 

• Like 1

We are on the Beyond now and there are 3 DJs onboard.

The Club and the Grand Plaza have DJs “11:15 - late”. 
I was passing the Grand Plaza 2 nights ago a little after midnight and it was full of people dancing and drinking.   I haven’t been in the Club at all this cruise

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 6:36 AM, jelayne said:

We are on the Beyond now and there are 3 DJs onboard.

The Club and the Grand Plaza have DJs “11:15 - late”. 
I was passing the Grand Plaza 2 nights ago a little after midnight and it was full of people dancing and drinking.   

Thanks for the reply!  

One other quick question... I saw on Captain Kate's instagram they did this cool domino thing with shot glasses and then she pours a bunch of shots from the metal mixer cups standing on the bar. lol.   pretty awesome... DO THEY DO THAT ON EVERY SAILING? 

123.jpg

30 minutes ago, taras333 said:

One other quick question... I saw on Captain Kate's instagram they did this cool domino thing with shot glasses and then she pours a bunch of shots from the metal mixer cups standing on the bar. lol.   pretty awesome... DO THEY DO THAT ON EVERY SAILING? 

Not Kate (although she was on board) but they did it every night on our cruise,

DSC03605cmU.jpg

DSC03605cropmU.jpg

Back when I was younger and stayed up past 11, I remember lots of fun, late night, dance parties in the nightclub of our Carnival cruises we typically took during Spring Break. 
If I can stay up past my 63 year old bedtime, I’ll report back from our Beyond cruise which starts tomorrow. 
I have major FOMO on cruises and I’m usually up and about by 7 am while DW sleeps in. I get exhausted by 11pm. 

2 hours ago, taras333 said:

Thanks for the reply!  

123.jpg

There were no martini pours that we saw on the Beyond TA, except for the 6 small martinis when someone purchased a flight.  The bartenders did perform juggling and trick pours, balancing drinks on head,arm, spoon, etc at 8 and 10.

Generally the martini bar will do the stacked pours when a lot of people order the same martini therefore it's just a matter of timing.

With the late night DJ crowd, often the majority of the people attend are the ships crew and/or staff/entertainers.

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2022 at 5:15 AM, taras333 said:

Thanks for the reply!  

123.jpg

Per your other thread ~ without cell phone users, you wouldn't have seen this. 

• Thanks 1