Upgrade bid questions???

alwalaska

I'm new to the upgrade bidding.  The price says per person, is that for the entire length of the cruise or per day?

I know there is a thread on accepted bids, but any quesses on a good place to start? Should I see how many rooms are left in each category? 

For example, we're in an interior.  Upgrade to ocean view is listed at a min of $50, defaults to $150, and goes up to $250. 

I can bid on oceanview,  balcony, and club balcony. 

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, alwalaska said:

I'm new to the upgrade bidding.  The price says per person, is that for the entire length of the cruise or per day?

I know there is a thread on accepted bids, but any quesses on a good place to start? Should I see how many rooms are left in each category? 

For example, we're in an interior.  Upgrade to ocean view is listed at a min of $50, defaults to $150, and goes up to $250. 

I can bid on oceanview,  balcony, and club balcony. 

Thanks.

You can place as many bids as you want. 

You are upgrading for the duration of your cruise. 

Take your bid and multiply by 2. $75 bid = $150 charged to your credit card if you are successful. 

Good Luck!

• Thanks 1

The bid is for the entire trip and per person for two people.  In other words, if you bid $50 it will cost $100, regardless of how many are in the room.  If you go into a category with a higher daily service charge, that will be added as well.  Same for any increase in insurance for the better room.  Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You can place as many bids as you want. 

You are upgrading for the duration of your cruise. 

Take your bid and multiply by 2. $75 bid = $150 charged to your credit card if you are successful. 

Good Luck!

There is no difference in daily service charge for any of your bids. 

• Thanks 1

Word of warning, if your bid is accepted you will be assigned a cabin and you will not have any say in the location of the upgraded cabin.  Sometimes the location is okay and other times not.

I always book the exact cabin and location I want and not bid on anything else.  I learned the hard way, that bidding for an upgrade is not always a good idea.  What you consider an upgrade and what NCL considers an upgrade could easily be to different thoughts.

• Like 1