Fitness facilities, age minimum

Sigyn

I just read that the age minimum for the fitness facilities on NCL is 16. Do they strictly enforce this? My son is 15, and a high school freshman on the track team, and had hoped to be able to run on an outdoor track during our holiday cruise, but it turns out the Prima does not have a jogging track. There's only treadmills in the fitness facility. And now we see that there's an age minimum for the fitness facility. Perhaps if I'm in there with him? He is nearly 6 feet tall so he doesn't look under 16, and he's a serious athlete so he's not going to go in to goof off. His coach is going to flip if he can't run for 8 days. I know it's the holidays, but they have a state championship team and he pushes the athletes to perform. Anyway...need to get my info ahead of time so that I can tell the coach. Thanks in advance...

• 5 months later...
On 10/23/2022 at 11:49 AM, njsmom said:

I just read that the age minimum for the fitness facilities on NCL is 16. Do they strictly enforce this? My son is 15, and a high school freshman on the track team, and had hoped to be able to run on an outdoor track during our holiday cruise, but it turns out the Prima does not have a jogging track. There's only treadmills in the fitness facility. And now we see that there's an age minimum for the fitness facility. Perhaps if I'm in there with him? He is nearly 6 feet tall so he doesn't look under 16, and he's a serious athlete so he's not going to go in to goof off. His coach is going to flip if he can't run for 8 days. I know it's the holidays, but they have a state championship team and he pushes the athletes to perform. Anyway...need to get my info ahead of time so that I can tell the coach. Thanks in advance...

Was your son able to use the fitness center on your cruise? Im in a similar situation, my daughter will be a few months shy of 16, she just needs to use the treadmill for 2 mile runs as part of her summer training for soccer. She is very serious about her training and will not play around. Her mile has to be under 7min, so we wouldn't need the treadmill for very long each day. I know I have to be prepared to leave, but hope she can get her runs in. 

9 minutes ago, Nugs10 said:

Was your son able to use the fitness center on your cruise? Im in a similar situation, my daughter will be a few months shy of 16, she just needs to use the treadmill for 2 mile runs as part of her summer training for soccer. She is very serious about her training and will not play around. Her mile has to be under 7min, so we wouldn't need the treadmill for very long each day. I know I have to be prepared to leave, but hope she can get her runs in. 

Your DD is fine. She meets the age requirement. She can do her workouts without you. 

https://www.ncl.com/faq/guest-conduct-policy

Fitness Center (Gym) Children under the age of 16 are not allowed in the Fitness Centers.

20 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Your DD is fine. She meets the age requirement. She can do her workouts without you. 

https://www.ncl.com/faq/guest-conduct-policy

Fitness Center (Gym) Children under the age of 16 are not allowed in the Fitness Centers.

Reread the post.  Her daughter will not yet be 16 and is therefore not allowed in the fitness centre.

Last week on the Breakaway, my 15 year old son was able to use the fitness center each day with no issue. He is serious about his workouts and treats the equipment and facilities with respect. He was never asked to prove his age or scan his card. I don't feel that he looks older than his age. 

Other groups of teens attempted to use the fitness center while he was there and the staff quickly kicked them out as they were obviously younger than 16 and messing around with the equipment. 

• Like 1