Meriviglia formal night info please

smokeykat

Going out of NY in May 1st time on MSC. My question is do you need to really be "formal" on formal night? We usually skip the formal attire more business casual is our speed for evening. Are they strict about their dress code? It is our vacation time 🙂

How many formal nights on the 7 day cruise and is there a white party or a theme party?

Thanks for any info!

I'm not sure what enforcement is like, but I will mention that on our MSC cruises, passengers did dress up more than on most of the other mainstream lines.  There were two formal nights per 7-night cruise, plus a white night, which many did dress for.

Cruising has become much more casual...atleast in North America. You will find people in gowns and Tuxes to polos and slacks.... The cruiseline use the word "suggested" when stating the type of evening wear. We've cruised MSC twice...both times in Yacht Club, and was not unusual to see shorts worn by men in the Yacht Club dining room and no jackets on the formal nights. So dress as you wish...No one will be enforcing dress code unless your wearing swim wear

I was on the Meraviglia in January and just off the Divina. While some did dress up, business casual attire (collared shirt & Docker’s type pants) was common on Elegant Nights. Shorts, t-shirts, flip-flops, etc. we’re common on other nights.