World Europa delivery from Chantiers de L'Atlantique to MSC

Nunagoras

So: According to the social media, tomorrow will be the day for Chantiers de L'Atlantique to deliver the World Europa to MSC!

I may not be the most mega ship cheerleader out there... But this one is capturing my attention. And the more I see the few pictures and videos coming out of the ship, most of them from actual MSC employees working in preparation for the inaugural season, the more I'm becoming more excited about this marvelous ship! It might not to be the largest in the world. At least it is the largest from a 100% European business, and that is a mark of its own!

Problem? I'm not noticing excitement everywhere else about the moment. Surely the naming ceremony is just at November, 13... some days to count, but now the ship is in Europe, not the Middle East, with due respect to the Middle East!...

From what I'm watching MSC has done a nice job with World Europa. At least there seems to be such a compromise between past and future. Surely; generations are changing and with them the cruising experience. That's not a thing for today. Today is to have joy on this huge MSC achievement and to wish them good luck on the enterprise! I, for me will await such an year for both the kinks to be worked out and the prices lower a bit post novelty. But, on one thing I'm mostly certain. I'd like to go on this ship!...

Feel free to add in to the conversation and have a nice day!...

I think that the way that World Europa will be used at first has hurt some of the excitement from the cruise community.

I'm looking forward to more actual photos of the ship from actual guests. 

I know which stateroom that I'll book whenever a World Class ship sails from Miami. I just have to wait.....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I think that the way that World Europa will be used at first has hurt some of the excitement from the cruise community.

I know which stateroom that I'll book whenever a World Class ship sails from Miami. I just have to wait.....

Yeah! That explains it in part! But a 200k+ Gross Tonnes ship launch is not to be missed, once it's unusual! So far only some 6 other vessels that size entered service as cruise ships!... Maybe the usual secrecy MSC employs on pretty much all of its achievements may explain another part. And the post covid undergoing recovery the remaining of the explanation.

Are you wondering on those "infinity view" Premium Fantastica/Aurea they'll have?... Those are my bet as well...

Have a nice day!...

17 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

They've just announced the 2nd ship in the World class will be called MSC World America and sail from Miami.

So sounds like World Asia will probably follow that too.

2 minutes ago, bobfoo said:

They've just announced the 2nd ship in the World class will be called MSC World America and sail from Miami.

The World America name was leaked a long time ago but it wasn't official. Sailing out of Miami was always the plan but the new terminal probably needs to get done first.

Probably 2026 for me......😌

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The World America name was leaked a long time ago but it wasn't official. Sailing out of Miami was always the plan but the new terminal probably needs to get done first.

Probably 2026 for me......😌

Surely, get the terminal first!...

6 minutes ago, sidari said:

Seen a photo of a balcony cabin, at first glance very bland and disappointing.

FB_IMG_1666645046345.jpg

Pretty much similar to the Fantasia onward cabins. Evolution with no revolution, that's good. Sadly the photo seems far from professional, and I can't understand what that MSC "cover" on the bed is about...

6 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Pretty much similar to the Fantasia onward cabins. Evolution with no revolution, that's good. Sadly the photo seems far from professional, and I can't understand what that MSC "cover" on the bed is about...

Nuna ... That cover is to protect the bed cover when people put their cases on the bed, seen them lots of times.

Edited by sidari
  • Like 1

From such a Spanish blogger/cruise news outlet, obviously in Spanish language. Bad image quality, but one can envision the whole thing from here! Something for everyone, mostly a classy, distinctively MSC ship!

Edited by Nunagoras

7 minutes ago, sidari said:

Nuna ... That cover is to protect the bed cover when people put their cases on the bed, seen them lots of times.

Oh, thanks! I don't remember those from my last cruise early in 2018!... Have a nice day!...

Even though the Chantiers de L'Atlantique/MSC invitees for this event seemed to range in between 3rd line cruise bloggers and top shipyard workers, prime videos will to be rare for the times being. Either way; decent videos are starting to pop up eventually!

Perhaps the best video to date from the ship:

And it actually answer a few questions:

The tea place can be also used for other things, like premium breakfasts to even a full bar by the evening if they so want.

The gin bar is an up section of the pub/beer house. they may use it liberally if they so want.

We're to know if food on coffee emporium will be free or not and if their drinks are inside or outside the drinks packages. I believe not, but either way far different experience than Jean Phillipe. Those places won't canibalize each other for costumers like was my concern. They may to use it liberally to use it by night for a full bar if they so wish.

And another question arose me: Is the covered pool Aurea only or mainstream? It seems too sumptuous to be mainstream...

And that's for now...

27 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Perhaps the best video to date from the ship:

And it actually answer a few questions:

The tea place can be also used for other things, like premium breakfasts to even a full bar by the evening if they so want.

The gin bar is an up section of the pub/beer house. they may use it liberally if they so want.

We're to know if food on coffee emporium will be free or not and if their drinks are inside or outside the drinks packages. I believe not, but either way far different experience than Jean Phillipe. Those places won't canibalize each other for costumers like was my concern. They may to use it liberally to use it by night for a full bar if they so wish.

And another question arose me: Is the covered pool Aurea only or mainstream? It seems too sumptuous to be mainstream...

And that's for now...

Nuna ... Have you seen anything that says where the Aurea sundeck is ? Not found anything yet myself.

It seems the Spanish brigade is all in force these days!... Congrats for them to show us this incredible ship!...

Little drink places to go at evening remain my main concern, even though that might to be minimized over multiuse flexibility on areas if they so want.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nunagoras said:

Little drink places to go at evening remain my main concern, even though that might to be minimized over multiuse flexibility on areas if they so want.

This is my concern as well, it doesn't look like there is a bar that would be suitable for this. All the bars seem quite close together in terms of seating, I would hope there's a couple of bars that's a bit spread out with some live entertainment. 

The English style pub looks quite good, but again, seems quite close to every other person.

16 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

No! Then my question!... Have a nice day!...

Looks like the Top 20 Aurea sundeck is behind the YC cabins on Deck 20 and between the covered pool, I had a look at the area you mentioned at the front, and it looks like crew cabins on all of those decks.

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2022 at 10:04 PM, Nunagoras said:

Did you mean Seaside onward cabins, Fantasia cabins are the same as Divina and are nothing like the ones found on the newer ships.