Which cruise - HAL Koningsdam, Celebrity Eclipse, Majestic Princess or Celebrity Millennium?

Sigyn

8 hours ago, cw2go said:

IMO Princess north or southbound one-way sailing will give you the biggest bang for you buck. Princess and Cel are very similar as a far as atmosphere and ship vibe. When planning for Alaska I aways pick the best itinerary for what I want to see/do. Ex. Bear Tours have  prime viewing seasons/locations. I know it's hard to wrap your head around it all but to be honest, once you lock down your sailing it will all come together. As a side note~ You will never get it all in one sailing so try to pick a few of your must haves and begin there. 

Happy to help if you have any other questions, 

Patty

That's kinda what I figure - we won't get it all in, so having some cool stuff on this one, with a ship we'll enjoy, is good enough. And we'll see more on the next trip!

• Like 1

In addition to the books mentioned above - I like Alaska by Cruiseship by Anne Vipond.

Smaller ship better. Glacier Bay for guaranteed glacier day.

I would probably put the HAL itinerary first. I have not been on NCL but won't go on that line.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

I have been on the Celebrity Millennium for north and south itineraries to Alaska a few times  --- although it has been a while since we have gone with Celebrity.  We had a nice experience, no complaints.  After researching itineraries, perhaps the OP found that Celebrity had checked off all her boxes. 

njsmom, have a wonderful cruise to Alaska. 

• Like 2

On 10/29/2022 at 10:45 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Interesting...not a single post on this thread recommending Celebrity. 

A dear friend who I trust and who has worked with the cruise lines for several decades recommended it, along with another friend who has cruised Celebrity to Alaska.