I booked ICON!!!

crazy...660+ days out, but I dd it....

Booked a Surfside Balcony for 3..in August 2024.

My deciding factor was pricing the Harmony and Wonder for 2023 (boardwalk cabins) and those ships cost more....so...

I BOOKED ICON!!!   Whoop Whoop!!

The wait begins!!!

Since it is so far out i did pay extra for the "refundable deposit"

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

My deciding factor was pricing the Harmony and Wonder for 2023 (boardwalk cabins) and those ships cost more....so...

The wait begins!!!

Curious how much more for the refundable option?

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

Curious how much more for the refundable option?

for the 3 (750 deposit)/per room was around $200, but since it was so far out, I felt it was worth it..

I also booked online and it was an option with the dining/prepaid gratuities/insurance page.

8 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

for the 3 (750 deposit)/per room was around $200, but since it was so far out, I felt it was worth it..

I also booked online and it was an option with the dining/prepaid gratuities/insurance page.

Thanks.

Also curious how much insurance option was?  90% FCC for cancel any reason vs. paying for refundable.

I looked at midnight last night, out of curiosity to see prices, and Icon wasn't an option for ships to pick from yet. I checked just now after seeing your post and it's there. 

Pretty pricey, but I guess not that much more expensive than the holiday cruises. Plus it's a new ship so that's to be expected.

The question is, did they set prices "low" to start getting people to book, and then if people book as expected, they'll quickly raise the price? Or will bookings be slower than expected and the price will come down? I'm contemplating making a booking just for the heck of it, but I'm also really not all that eager to sail on this ship. I'd be booking it more for the "security" of having a booking just in case I change my mind and start getting excited about it, and just in case prices go up to a point where I'd no longer consider it. 

43 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Thanks.

Also curious how much insurance option was?  90% FCC for cancel any reason vs. paying for refundable.

90% FCC??  It is my understanding that as of April 1, 2022, any cruise booked with a non-refundable fare losses the full deposit (750 in my case)..if cancelled for any reason.

Please correct me if I am wrong??

Thanks

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Thanks.

NEVER get the insurance through the Cruise Line. Always go third party, you'll get much better coverage at a better rate than through the cruise line. insure my trip is a great resource to get quotes from multiple companies at once. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

The wait begins!!!

Good call to go with the refundable deposit since it's so far out. Lots of things can change between now and then. Congrats!!! Boy that is going to be a heckuva Cruise Countdown on your phone. 😆

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

90% FCC??  It is my understanding that as of April 1, 2022, any cruise booked with a non-refundable fare losses the full deposit (750 in my case)..if cancelled for any reason.

Please correct me if I am wrong??

Thanks

Royal's insurance is cancel for any reason with 90% FCC, but it is not available in certain states.

Congrats! I booked too. I wasn't sure I would, but I guess I got caught up in the new ship excitement! I booked the 2/17/24 sailing and paid an extra $394 for a refundable deposit for our party of 3. I priced the current maiden voyage first and then the 2/17 sailing and the latter was almost $1k cheaper for the same category (ocean view balcony). The price was actually lower than I expected, which is why I went ahead and booked... although the refundable deposit will be handy in case I come to my senses later. 😂

Edited by LisaLisa87
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, WheresWalter said:

NEVER get the insurance through the Cruise Line. Always go third party, you'll get much better coverage at a better rate than through the cruise line. insure my trip is a great resource to get quotes from multiple companies at once. 

I'm only looking at Royal's insurance for cheap cancel for any reason coverage.  I agree, if you want other coverage, it's best to buy elsewhere.

For example, the deposit is $250 and $39 for Royal insurance (for the cruise I was looking at).  So if you cancel prior to final payment, you'd pay $39 to get a $225 FCC vs. paying a surcharge for refundable deposit (if you don't cancel).  Or pay nothing and lose $250.  And if you cancel later it's still covered (a refundable deposit expires at final payment).

Edited by Another_Critic

19 minutes ago, moposh said:

Congratulations!  Is it the maiden voyage or another one?

How much are the cruises?

It's for August 2024...I will have a high schooler so was limited to time frame,  but was the least expensive for the summer 2024 cruises.. Going western. Would have preferred eastern, but with family reunions..only one date worked...Surfside Balcony for 3 stated at 1112....yikes but hoping for some reductions in the next 660 days ..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

The wait begins!!!

*If* Harmony were to consistently cost more than Icon, my cruising life is over.... or just carry a few bucks for when I get mugged on Carnival.

Edited by soremekun
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Also booked! 2/17/24 and 2/24/24. We were booked on Odyssey, and just did a switch. Kept it cheaper with GTY. Overall more expensive as expected, but sailing on a new ship like this is pretty exciting (plus I’ll celebrate my BDay onboard 😄). 

• Like 2

I grabbed a sunset junior suite on the 9/14/24 sailing.  I can't wait to try this new cabin.  It is definitely more than I was hoping to spend, but with it so far out I have plenty of time to make payments towards it.  So, I went ahead with a suite.

• Like 2

Booked for the inaugural.. 1/27/24. Booked at 5am, Oceanview balcony, a little less than $4k total, with my diamond plus discount. Decided against refundable,  because it was almost $400 extra, and if it comes down to it, we can always just pay the $100 per person change fee, which is less. It's not like we don't cruise....

• Like 1

I booked June 2024 - 1 inside and 1 ocean view for 2 adults and 2 kids (count as adults because over 12).  I am buying private cancel for any reason insurance over the refundable deposit because that was much cheaper than $290 extra per room and the travel insurance is also much cheaper/better.