Constellation Main Dining Room Holiday Cruise

beachtango

We are new to Celebrity and are thinking ahead to our holiday cruise.  How are seatings handled at dinner?  Is it possible to get a two-top in the main dining room?  What special menus can we look forward to?  Your advice is appreciated.

I am on Constellation right now.  The main dining room has tables for two. In fact my wife and I are seated at one. 

We have been on holiday cruises with Celebrity and they're usually isn't a special menu in the main dining room. They will make New Year's Eve an Evening Chic night  so a better menu is used. 

One of the specialty restaurant will have a special multi course meal (with a special price, too) for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. 

50 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I am on Constellation right now.  The main dining room has tables for two. In fact my wife and I are seated at one. 

We have been on holiday cruises with Celebrity and they're usually isn't a special menu in the main dining room. They will make New Year's Eve an Evening Chic night  so a better menu is used. 

One of the specialty restaurant will have a special multi course meal (with a special price, too) for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. 

Have a great cruise, David.   Glad you're finally back at sea.  Your kids don't know what they're missing!

• Thanks 1

There are lots of 2 person tables but they are very close to the other 2 person tables, maybe 6 inch gap between. The ones by the windows and walls are two 2 person tables, so effectively tables for 4, and in the middle of the room there are runs of tables, so you might have close neighbours both sides. 

The difference from sitting on a larger table, is that you won’t be seated and served  at the same time, so it’s up to you whether you want to chat to them or pretend they aren’t there. You won’t be able to have a private conversation and you’ll be able to hear their conversation. 

If you opt for Select dining, which is where you can just turn up at the dining room at any time during opening hours, the first two nights are busy, especially the first night. The member of staff on the door, will ask you what size table you want. It’s likely that if you agree to share a table you will be able to go in straight away or have a shorter wait than if you ask for a table for 2. You’ll probably be sent away with a buzzer which will buzz when a table comes free.

After the first two nights it settles down and you may not have to wait at all regardless of what size table you choose. 

• Like 1