K419 - Mediterranean on Arvia

TigerB

I'm looking at the above for September 2024, which has the following ports of call:

La Coruna 

Valencia

Marseille

Barcelona

Alicante 

Cadiz 

I would be interested to know from folk who have been to those ports on a larger ship if it is necessary to use transfers from the port to the town, and if any of them are likely to use a tender.

The missus is a full-time wheelchair user.

Thanks 

Apart from Alicante and Marseille, we have been to each of these ports on either Ventura or Azura,

Valencia and Barcelona are shuttles into town, although I have read that at Barcelona as well as the P&O shuttle, there is a local shuttle which is cheaper if you're on either an Early Saver or Saver fare.

La Coruna and Cadiz, ship docked very close to town, no shuttles.

• Like 1

My wife also uses a wheelchair and all these ports are easily accessible foyr a wheelchair user. Cadiz is our favourite Med port, La Coruna is also wheelchair friendly.

Alicante will probably have a shuttle to take you out of the port confines and drop you off a short distance from the promenade which is very wheelchair friendly. Marseilles was changed to Toulon in June where the ship docks across the harbour from Toulon centre, but they will use wheelchair accessible roll on/off harbour ferries.

• Like 1