Best dish in the MDR?

kruzkraziness

On 11/10/2022 at 2:23 PM, Threeboysmom333 said:

Oh no!  You just broke this poor girl's heart!

Last time we were on they were doing creme brulee every night, different flavors, and they were delightful (and I do LOVE a good creme brulee)! 🥂

• Like 2

On 11/14/2022 at 8:49 AM, Kay S said:

Have you priced ground beef lately? 🙂

Yes and it is still inexpensive. I take it you shop at places that over charge. Princess will be purchasing products wholesale and have contracts that were set a long time ago.

6 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

think the Princess ice cream is history, given their new alliance with a 'celebrity' to sell their expensive ice cream. 

I think this will end as a total flop. I know we have no desire to buy some idiotically expensive ice cream onboard.

We buy very nice ground sirloin at maybe 7.99 when on sale.

Wouldn't touch cheap 'hamburger'.

So, while steak is incredibly expensive, at our regional chain that has butchers in all stores, this is a birght spot.   I use this to make some country fried sirloin and southern gravy, and also make a nice salisbury steak and gravy.  It is delicious!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Coincidentally, we were on the Star Princess Los Angeles-Hawaii itinerary departing Los Angeles mid-January 2020.  We had five dinners in Sabatini's and two in Crown Grill.  We made lots of friends in the front of both of those rooms by sharing some of our wine.

We had three or four dinners in Vines enjoying a couple servings of the Tapas and Sushi.  We ordered from room service a few times.  Mrs. XBGuy loves room service.  She enjoys Tuna Salad Sandwiches, and, then, a piece of Chocolate Cake for dessert.  Since we had a suite we ordered room service off the Dining Room menu once.  I have no idea what we ordered.  I visited the Dining Room four or five times for breakfast (Mrs. XBGuy sleeps in every morning), but we never visited for dinner.

I have often raved about the Ultimate Balcony Dinner here on Cruise Critic.  I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

We were on that cruise! We had a Club Class mini.We're just spoiled on Oceania. The staff & cruise itself were excellent. I feel the staff is Princesses' best asset.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brisalta said:

Yes and it is still inexpensive. I take it you shop at places that over charge. Princess will be purchasing products wholesale and have contracts that were set a long time ago.

We pay about $2 a pound for 80/20 ground beef. Of course I buy about $2 million a year for our company.

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2022 at 3:12 PM, Thrak said:

I think this will end as a total flop. I know we have no desire to buy some idiotically expensive ice cream onboard.

I wouldn't buy it out of principle.

If they can't supply a simple dish of ice cream at no extra charge, then I'll order 3 of the regular desserts & leave what I can't eat. 

On 10/27/2022 at 6:22 PM, Thrak said:

Oddly enough there was also no ice cream offered at dinner in MDR. My wife was terribly disappointed.) Given that I couldn't order the dessert I wanted I did a "fall back" to the good old standby or the Love Boat Dream.

I told my husband that & he found it hard to believe.

What ship and when was it that they didn't have Princess ice cream on the menu?

14 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I told my husband that & he found it hard to believe.

What ship and when was it that they didn't have Princess ice cream on the menu?

Royal Princess May 2nd - May 14th of this year. 12 day Alaska round trip from Vancouver.

• Thanks 1