Loft 19 Cabanas - Five people limit (same 5?)

Tom-n-Cheryl

So, for one of those cabanas you're allowed a total of 5 people. How is that managed? Are wristbands given, which can be utilized by different people on different days - or do you have to submit a list of all 5 people, and they're cleared for the week?  Just wondering how flexible they are.

I went ahead and grabbed one (10% off presently), and then saw they tacked on $4xx.00 dollars for gratuity. WOWZA !

THANKS

Tom

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I went ahead and grabbed one (10% off presently), and then saw they tacked on $4xx.00 dollars for gratuity. WOWZA !

You knew that beforehand 😁 Bragging rights 🤣

12 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

No, that is not.

Ok...  FORGET my surprise regarding the gratuity, can anyone answer my question? !

Tom

Thought I’d read they issue wristbands; problem would be if they were the type secured to stay on until cut off, not flexible/removable rubber bands. I hope to book a Cabana on Celebration for 12/19 Christmas cruise but, haven’t seen any offered yet. Discount would be nice but looks like they may sell out for Christmas?

BTW: I want to move to Florida and work for your company. Hiring great workers?

2 minutes ago, mondello said:

Thought I’d read they issue wristbands; problem would be if they were the type secured to stay on until cut off, not flexible/removable rubber bands. I hope to book a Cabana on Celebration for 12/19 Christmas cruise but, haven’t seen any offered yet. Discount would be nice but looks like they may sell out for Christmas?

BTW: I want to move to Florida and work for your company. Hiring great workers?

I have a deposit on the 3/11 and 3/18 Mardi Gras, and didn't see any availability of cabanas on either of those sailings. We're likely (99%) not going to sail those dates anyway, I had grabbed them several months ago when I was looking for what dates had Presidential suites available. Those were about it! I was rather surprised that, on the Celebration, all 12 cabanas were available to book. Something seems odd here... to have all 12 already gone for two MG sailings in March, but all of them available on the CB in May!

The "better" sailing will be on the Celebration anyway (8-nt, ABC's - office cruise), and I'm checking every day to see if one of the Presidential suites open up... if only because I'll be taking advantage of our 75th Milestone benefit on that cruise, and will be getting 75% of the cruise fare BACK as OBC --- so, GO FOR THE GUSTO !!! 

Regarding openings here... just brought on a new person this morning, so - DARN IT, nothing here at the moment, LOL.  😄 

Tom

11 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Not to hijack here, but where do the Cabanas show up for rental when you log into your booking? 

For ours, it showed up as a mid page banner on our Cruise Manager page upon logging in. Though, it indicates there:

Limited Time 50th Birthday Pricing for Cabanas on Loft 19
As a Carnival Excel Suite guest, you can book your private Cabana on Loft 19 for the entire voyage at a special price! Hurry, only a few are available!

So, not sure how to find them in a traditional sense.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

For ours, it showed up as a mid page banner on our Cruise Manager page upon logging in. Though, it indicates there:

Limited Time 50th Birthday Pricing for Cabanas on Loft 19
As a Carnival Excel Suite guest, you can book your private Cabana on Loft 19 for the entire voyage at a special price! Hurry, only a few are available!

So, not sure how to find them in a traditional sense.

Hmmm, I'm an excel guest on the Celebration March 19 sailing and don't see it. Darn! 

2 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Hmmm, I'm an excel guest on the Celebration March 19 sailing and don't see it. Darn! 

Darn is right ! 

I guess that the regular rate they offer is for a 7 night cruise. I was pleased to see that it was 10% off the regular 7-nt rate for our 8 night sailing -- so it's like 10% off AND a "free" day. 🙂

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

I know they include a 18% and this is a tricky subject but what is everyone tipping when they bring you lunch or a drink?  I don’t want to over tip but I don’t want to under tip because I know they work so hard.  Thanks in advance from anyone that has booked a cabana in the past.  

On 10/28/2022 at 8:43 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I just received word, as to the process:

When you arrive to loft19, they will provide wristbands for the day. Each day you can bring different people.

We returned from the Mardi Gras this past weekend. During our trip we had a cabana booked for one day. We had 6 people in our party. My husband and I and another couple were first to arrive at the cabana. I left a short while later to go find the other couple traveling with us to let them know we were in the cabana. On my way back up, I stopped by the cabana desk to let them know that we had another couple on their way up and asked that they show them to the cabana. I acknowledge that I understand that they limit the guests to 5 people and told him that either my husband or I would leave so that our guests could enjoy the cabana for a while. They refused to let our friends join us even though we agreed to keep it to 5 people. I’m hoping that the information you received is accurate. It very well may be since you have it for the week and are only looking to switch people each day as opposed to the same day. 

8 hours ago, Jordansmominjax said:

I know they include a 18% and this is a tricky subject but what is everyone tipping when they bring you lunch or a drink?  I don’t want to over tip but I don’t want to under tip because I know they work so hard.  Thanks in advance from anyone that has booked a cabana in the past.  

18% is a pretty big tip considering the high cost of the Cabana. Those that are able to book at a discounted rate should consider tipping extra to reflect the difference between regular price.

it showed up as a mid page banner on our Cruise Manager page

Same for us as excel suite guests on 12/17 Mardi Gras sailing, this banner showed up about 3 weeks ago but they have been sold out ever since.  I keep checking to see if anything opens up just to check the details like any discount offers etc (with the excel corner suite balcony and access to the loft area, we do not feel like we need to indulge in a cabana but interested in the details anyway).  

11 hours ago, VIFP1987 said:

We returned from the Mardi Gras this past weekend. During our trip we had a cabana booked for one day. We had 6 people in our party. My husband and I and another couple were first to arrive at the cabana. I left a short while later to go find the other couple traveling with us to let them know we were in the cabana. On my way back up, I stopped by the cabana desk to let them know that we had another couple on their way up and asked that they show them to the cabana. I acknowledge that I understand that they limit the guests to 5 people and told him that either my husband or I would leave so that our guests could enjoy the cabana for a while. They refused to let our friends join us even though we agreed to keep it to 5 people. I’m hoping that the information you received is accurate. It very well may be since you have it for the week and are only looking to switch people each day as opposed to the same day. 

Were most of the other cabanas being utilized at that time? Perhaps the person at the cabana desk isn't cut in on the 18% !!  (yikes)

1 minute ago, Drazil65 said:

it showed up as a mid page banner on our Cruise Manager page

Same for us as excel suite guests on 12/17 Mardi Gras sailing, this banner showed up about 3 weeks ago but they have been sold out ever since.  I keep checking to see if anything opens up just to check the details like any discount offers etc (with the excel corner suite balcony and access to the loft area, we do not feel like we need to indulge in a cabana but interested in the details anyway).  

I'm not sure how accurate their cabana bookings are. When we booked, all of them were available, and I grabbed #10. After a couple weeks I had picked up some AARP gift cards (basically 10% off), so I cancelled our booking and within a minute I went back it to grab it using the gift cards. #10 did not repopulate on the list, so I grabbed #5 (off to the side). I checked back a couple of other times over several days and #10 never came back as available. I seriously doubt in the minute of time that I had initially let it go, and came back, that someone else grabbed it.

Anyone care to give their opinion as to their preferred cabana?

Tom

11 hours ago, VIFP1987 said:

As it should be.  What's to stop you from sub-renting your cabana?  But if possible, it would be good to know.  

Edited by Elaine5715

10 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Were most of the other cabanas being utilized at that time? Perhaps the person at the cabana desk isn't cut in on the 18% !!  (yikes)

I'm not sure how accurate their cabana bookings are. When we booked, all of them were available, and I grabbed #10. After a couple weeks I had picked up some AARP gift cards (basically 10% off), so I cancelled our booking and within a minute I went back it to grab it using the gift cards. #10 did not repopulate on the list, so I grabbed #5 (off to the side). I checked back a couple of other times over several days and #10 never came back as available. I seriously doubt in the minute of time that I had initially let it go, and came back, that someone else grabbed it.

Anyone care to give their opinion as to their preferred cabana?

Tom

We only saw 3-4 cabanas being used while we were there.